Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 after drive and RAM swap.

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 after drive and RAM swap. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently swapped out my old HDD for an SSD, and after reinstalling i have been unable to activate my copy of Windows 10. Sadly i don't have access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NikolaA_38, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Activating Windows 10 after drive and RAM swap.

I recently swapped out my old HDD for an SSD, and after reinstalling i have been unable to activate my copy of Windows 10. Sadly i don't have access to the box my PC came as it was a gift, nor do I know the retailer who sold it.

Luckily i haven't formated my old HDD, and my copy of Windows 10 is still intact there. I have seen that you can get your key from the softwareLicenceService.

I was wondering if my old HDD key will work with my new copy of Windows on the SSD? (The only thing i swapped out was my HDD and RAM module)

Also i was wondering if it is possible getting the key from some sort of file on the old HDD (as i am on a laptop it's kind of bothersome swapping it back in, and i have one of those USB adapters for the HDD)?

Additional notes:

• The new edition of Windows 10 is the same as the one that I've already had.
    • The device wasn't connected to any Microsoft account prior to the swap.

Thank you to anyone for their help in advance.

:)

NikolaA_38, Sep 26, 2019

2. Swap drive with Windows 10

Hi,

I had a laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10 on SSD drive. Since i have bought another Laptop that came with normal drive. I have Windows 10 installed on new laptop.

I want to swap SSD from old laptop to new laptop. Is it matter of just replacing the hardrives?

If I do swap the drive it will have Windows that was activated on older laptop. I have product stickers on both laptop however both were upgraded from windows 7 Home Edition.

Please suggest best way of doing this?

ronaldo9r9, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Activating Windows 10 after drive and RAM swap.

Windows Activation when Swapping Hard Drives

I would turn off Bitlocker on that drive before swapping out the drives !

Then when you are sure Windows 10 has activated, you can turn BitLocker back on

DaveM121, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 after drive and RAM swap.

1. Activating Windows 10 after drive and RAM swap. - Similar Threads - Activating drive RAM

2. Windows not activated after swapped RAM slots, troubleshooting does not resolve the issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not activated after swapped RAM slots, troubleshooting does not resolve the issue.: Had abrupt PC crashes without BSOD about a week ago but eventually resolved it by taking advice from this article. What I did was uninstall all the core processors from the device manager and turn on Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in the Graphics settings. I also swapped...
  3. Windows not activated after swapped RAM slots, troubleshooting does not resolve the issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not activated after swapped RAM slots, troubleshooting does not resolve the issue.: Had abrupt PC crashes without BSOD about a week ago but eventually resolved it by taking advice from this article. What I did was uninstall all the core processors from the device manager and turn on Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in the Graphics settings. I also swapped...
  4. Windows not activated after swapped RAM slots, troubleshooting does not resolve the issue.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows activation after hardware swap

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after hardware swap: Switched out my motherboard. Windows claims that it isn't activated anymore. My windows key is tied to my account, which happens to be the only account on the system. Troubleshoot activation says I'm not connected to the internet. Turned off firewall to no success, then...
  6. Activating Windows 10 after swapping hard drive to different computer

Activating Windows 10 after swapping hard drive to different computer: I had the hard drive with Windows 10 from my previous computer put in my current computer. The product key for Windows 10 doesn't work and I get error code 0x803FA067. I've several times. Any solutions or do I have to buy a new product key?...
  7. Windows activation after motherboard swap

Windows activation after motherboard swap: I called Microsoft support to help with activating windows after I changed my motherboard. I have a digital licence that I received when upgrading from Windows 7 years ago. This had survived a previous motherboard swap a few years ago with no issue. Support told me there...
  8. Windows 10 activation after hardware swap

Windows 10 activation after hardware swap: Hello, I have recently swapped out most of my pc hardware and can no longer use my activation code and I have checked on the help pages and haven't found anything that has helped. Any suggestions?...
  9. windows activation after board swap

windows activation after board swap: hello , I have not done anything yet but I am about to swap mainboards with my son. the two recently built systems both have windows 10 pro with digital license and are linked to our Microsoft accounts respectively. my mainboard is an asrock motherboard which I am...
  10. Windows 10 activation after swapping hardware

Windows 10 activation after swapping hardware: Hi everyone, I just upgraded my PC. New MB, CPU, HD etc. I had an activated copy Windows 10 Pro installed on my old mechanical drive. The new copy of Windows 10 Pro has the same license key, but I can't seem to activate it. When you troubleshoot and click "I've swapped...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will swapping ram result in windows activation?

2. after activating windows 10 my bitlocker drive wont open

3. xps cant activate windows after ssd swap