Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change, tried all methods

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change, tried all methods in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I changed my motherboard and graphics card this afternoon, now windows won;t activate. Tried troubleshooter etc. No luck and I'm signed into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KevinPheiffer, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change, tried all methods

Hi

I changed my motherboard and graphics card this afternoon, now windows won;t activate. Tried troubleshooter etc. No luck and I'm signed into my Microsoft account.

Using the latest version of Windows 10

Please help.

:)

KevinPheiffer, Mar 23, 2019

2. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change, tried all methods

Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change, tried all methods

1. Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change, tried all methods - Similar Threads - Activating motherboard change

2. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change: Hello,I'm going round in circles here... I recently changed motherboard on my PC and I need to reactivate windows, I've gone through all the online troubleshooting but it now says I need to talk to a person at Microsoft to do this. There was no phone number or link to a chat...
  3. Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hi, I have read all the articles possible about how to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change and nothing has worked. I swapped my motherboard for something more high-end and nothing else, but now my activation is debunked. Windows knows my product key Win 10 Home...
  4. Windows 10 activation after motherboard change

Windows 10 activation after motherboard change: Hey,i know this is a common problem but i haven't found a solution for this yet.I changed my hardware todaymotherboard,cpu,ram and i am trying to activate windows on this pc.It just doesn't work cause it says that "we cant find any devices linked to your microsoft account"...
  5. Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard: Hello, I had activated Windows 10 and Office Home & Student and yesterday I bought a new motherboard. My windows said that I don't have a license. I lost my activation key for Windows but I have for office. What can I do?...
  6. WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION AFTER CHANGING MOTHERBOARD

WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION AFTER CHANGING MOTHERBOARD: Because of graphics issue I have replace mother board of sony laptop but after replacing mother borad I cant able to reactivate the windows 10 I have 42 no code recived from telephonic activation of windows but i don't have product key because digitally signed windows...
  7. Windows 10 Activation after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation after motherboard change: I recently changed motherboards and now my windows isn't activated I was signed in with a Microsoft account linked to my windows copy but it still won't let me activate it the error code is 0Xc004F211...
  8. Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard: So I changed motherboard and it says that I need to reactivate Windows, I log in to my Microsoft account (i got windows 10 free from a windows 7 upgrade a while ago) I let Windows diagnose the problem, they say that there has been a report of hardware change, I press the...
  9. Windows 10 Activation After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation After Motherboard Change: I have installed a new motherboard on my PC and now Windows 10 says it is not activated. I got to settings>Update&Security>Activation I get error code 0xC004C060 I troubleshoot and get the message "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device" I click "Change...
  10. Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change

Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change: I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and everything was fine until I see on the screen that tells me I need to activate Windows. I use the troubleshooter but at the end don't help at all. I can't remember where I bought this windows version or where the codes are, as I...