Windows 10: activating windows 10 after new hard drive installation - no product code available

Discus and support activating windows 10 after new hard drive installation - no product code available in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last year I had a new hard drive installed on my computer. The dealer installed Windows 10 at the time. I´m now getting a message that I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PatParr1, May 6, 2020.

1. PatParr1 Win User

activating windows 10 after new hard drive installation - no product code available

Last year I had a new hard drive installed on my computer. The dealer installed Windows 10 at the time.

I´m now getting a message that I need to Activate Windows 10 but I do not have a product code. I´ve gone through the online help several times and still can´t seem to activate. Any clues? thanks

PS, the Dealer is now closed due to Covid-19 :

:)

PatParr1, May 6, 2020

2. Install Windows 10 on new hard drive.

Hi Arzlo,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Please be informed that you cannot install the activated Windows 10 on to the new hard disk.

If you are replacing the hard disk then you may get Windows 10 activation errors.

If you are purchasing a new hard disk then, you may have to install genuine Windows 7 (SP1)/8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 to get Windows 10 activated.

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 Q&A.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ppud=4

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 6, 2020
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, May 6, 2020
  4. Duyenhip Win User

activating windows 10 after new hard drive installation - no product code available

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. activating windows 10 after new hard drive installation - no product code available - Similar Threads - activating hard drive

2. Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive: Cheers everyone,I recently had a bit of trouble with the reliability of my hard drive, so I decided to buy a new SSD and move al my system there.After research on the internet, I found, that a "recovery device" should be able to transfer my windows from one drive to the next....
  3. Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive: Cheers everyone,I recently had a bit of trouble with the reliability of my hard drive, so I decided to buy a new SSD and move al my system there.After research on the internet, I found, that a "recovery device" should be able to transfer my windows from one drive to the next....
  4. Activating of windows after moving to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I installed a new hard drive and cannot activate windows after a reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed a new hard drive and cannot activate windows after a reinstall.: Hello,I had issues with my hard drive and just installed a new one. I reinstalled windows 7 and I have the upgrade for Windows 10. However, I can't activate my windows anymore and the number on the windows activation screen doesn't work.Is there a way I can activate my...
  6. I installed a new hard drive and cannot activate windows after a reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed a new hard drive and cannot activate windows after a reinstall.: Hello,I had issues with my hard drive and just installed a new one. I reinstalled windows 7 and I have the upgrade for Windows 10. However, I can't activate my windows anymore and the number on the windows activation screen doesn't work.Is there a way I can activate my...
  7. Can't activate windows 10 after new hard drive install.

Can't activate windows 10 after new hard drive install.: Please assist. Per Microsoft guidance deleted old "computer" from MS account and then installed windows 10 on new HD - now can't activate through MS acct sign in. Says the key is invalid...can't find...Big Red Ltrs! Also tried using my old Win7 Key - nope. I have been a...
  8. Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation

Trouble Activating Windows After New Hard Drive Installation: I recently installed a new Hard Drive in my Dell Latitude E6540. After Installing Windows I was prompted to activate, and went through the process of running troubleshoot, and 'I changed hardware on this device recently.' The device options do not include the device I'm...
  9. windows activation after new hard disk installation

windows activation after new hard disk installation: i had replaced and installed a new hard disk after the old one crashed, now there appears to be a message after logging in the system " ypur windows licence will expire soon". i had downloaded a copy from microsoft and had subsequently logged into the microsoft account so...
  10. Hard drive not available, Windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive not available, Windows install: I am doing a clean install, Win10. I have added an IDE drive to the system. The bios sees it as P0, The install program sees it, but the install program says it is unavailable. Whats wrong?...