Windows 10: activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible.

Discus and support activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After building a new computer and installing W7 on it, I upgraded it to W10 but it doesn't accept the activation code.Can anyone tell me why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JackBergman1, Jul 5, 2021.

1. activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible.

After building a new computer and installing W7 on it, I upgraded it to W10 but it doesn't accept the activation code.Can anyone tell me why?

:)

JackBergman1, Jul 5, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 5, 2021
  4. skippy258 Win User

activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible.

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible.

1. activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible. - Similar Threads - activating upgrading isn't

2. Upgrade from w7,login problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from w7,login problem: Trying to upgrade from w7 to w10. Login doesnt give local (User/Pass) option. Dont want a microsoft account,any ideas please. 179862
  3. Upgrading from W7 to W10

Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  4. After Upgrade from W7, program will not run or reinstall correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Upgrade from W7, program will not run or reinstall correctly: I have a small utility program: MP3Gain. It normalizes mp3 volume. This program was installed on a Windows 7 laptop that I just upgraded to Windows 10. Check starting all the installed programs goes well except for 2, this being one. When the program is started from the...
  5. Upgrade from W7 to W 10 Error

Upgrade from W7 to W 10 Error: How can i solve this Issue below: 0x8007042B - 0x2000D migrate_data safe_os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-w7-to-w-10-error/ffd0cd37-10ff-44dd-8073-f685a670e633
  6. Upgrade W10 Edition with W7 key, possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade W10 Edition with W7 key, possible?: Hello, I was sure I would be able to use W7 Pro OEM key I have spare to upgrade my W10 Home to Pro (preinstalled OEM OA), but when I try to change product key in Settings> Updates> Activation, the W7 key is refused with 0x004f210 error. Did I misunderstood the process or is...
  7. Reduced WiFi speeds after w10 upgrade from w7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reduced WiFi speeds after w10 upgrade from w7: Hello! I have a PC with a Belkin Wireless N600 wifi Dongle that I use with a belkin router. I've had this setup for years and have never had trouble until upgrading to Windows 10. Now I'm getting intermittent speeds on my PC only....my chromebook laptop still reports...
  8. Locked out after upgrade to W10 from W7

Locked out after upgrade to W10 from W7: Hello. Need help urgently. Have been locked out after upgrading from W7 to W10. No Microsoft account. Please help. 17346
  9. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...
  10. CPU upgrade before or after Win10 upgrade (from W7)?

CPU upgrade before or after Win10 upgrade (from W7)?: I am running W7 Ultimate, with a Core i5-2500K cpu. I recently got a used Core i7-3770K cpu, which I'd like to install. Should I complete this hardware change before or after upgrading to W10? Everything seems to be running fine right now with W7 (recently did a clean...