Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 Education

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 Education in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,So my university offers students Windows 10 Education for free. I tried to upgrade my windows from the current one to Windows 10 Education by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by artandmel, Jul 5, 2021.

1. artandmel Win User

Activating Windows 10 Education

Hi,So my university offers students Windows 10 Education for free. I tried to upgrade my windows from the current one to Windows 10 Education by clicking the "change product key". After I enter, it went to preparing and such, and it says "make sure you're connected to internet". I closed it, restarted the wi-fi and re-enter the code, and now it says "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one."Does it mean I just lost the product key because somehow it refuses to install Windows 10 education on the first try?

:)

artandmel, Jul 5, 2021
  2. Teo Dida Win User

Activating WINDOWS 10 Education

Does it matter that this article is about Windows 10 Pro or do I have to follow the same steps to activate windows education on Windows 10 Home?Thanks a lot

Teo Dida, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Irisdiel H, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Kari, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Activating Windows 10 Education - Similar Threads - Activating Education

2. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer: My home computer crashed in 2022. The person fixing the computer upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Education. I am not affiliated with any school or institution, I work at home. I have been unable to activate my Windows 10 because it keeps saying "we can't activate Windows...
  3. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer: My home computer crashed in 2022. The person fixing the computer upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Education. I am not affiliated with any school or institution, I work at home. I have been unable to activate my Windows 10 because it keeps saying "we can't activate Windows...
  4. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. By using this license can i activate windows 11 education on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    By using this license can i activate windows 11 education on my pc: How can i know if my account has a licence which can activate windows 11 education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-using-this-license-can-i-activate-windows-11/5c447f76-7fba-412d-9f16-511a57f2a431
  6. By using this license can i activate windows 11 education on my pc

By using this license can i activate windows 11 education on my pc: How can i know if my account has a licence which can activate windows 11 education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-using-this-license-can-i-activate-windows-11/5c447f76-7fba-412d-9f16-511a57f2a431
  7. Can't Activate Windows Education after changing SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows Education after changing SSD: In settings --> system --> Activate I did the following:input my product key and windows will not activate. I tried to "change" the product key to a public key is gives error 0x803fa067I tried "troubleshoot" and then selected "I changed hardware on this device recently", I...
  8. Can't Activate Windows Education after changing SSD

Can't Activate Windows Education after changing SSD: In settings --> system --> Activate I did the following:input my product key and windows will not activate. I tried to "change" the product key to a public key is gives error 0x803fa067I tried "troubleshoot" and then selected "I changed hardware on this device recently", I...
  9. Issue Installing/Activating Windows 10 Education

Issue Installing/Activating Windows 10 Education: I am a student and I currently use a MacBook Pro as my primary device. However, I would like to have a Windows system as well for the occasional study/work related use of Microsoft apps that are not available on MacOS such as Power BI. For this purpose, I set up Windows 10...
  10. Issue Installing/Activating Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue Installing/Activating Windows 10 Education: I am a student and I currently use a MacBook Pro as my primary device. However, I would like to have a Windows system as well for the occasional study/work related use of Microsoft apps that are not available on MacOS such as Power BI. For this purpose, I set up Windows 10...