Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 even though the information on the OS shows it's already active

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 even though the information on the OS shows it's already active in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Dell OptiPlex 780 came with Windows 7 installed. I did the free update to Windows 10 back in I believe 2015. My system went down from motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EdwardGibson1, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Activating Windows 10 even though the information on the OS shows it's already active

My Dell OptiPlex 780 came with Windows 7 installed. I did the free update to Windows 10 back in I believe 2015. My system went down from motherboard failure and I purchased a used Dell OptiPlex 760 and used LapLinks software to move to the existing hard drive in the 760. Now even though it shows on the About Windows info ad being registered to me it still has the Activate Windows in the lower right hand corner of the screen wanting me to Activate again. I've tried the Activation and the Activation troubleshooter and that doesn't work. How do I activate it???? It does say that the previous version of Windows which was version 7 n this computer was not activated. I am with the Windows Insider Program and have Beta tested versions of windows way back to Windows 3.51 Any help out there?

:)

EdwardGibson1, Sep 28, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This is exactly what I'm seeing and am still investigating. I don't want to get your hopes up though, as I think you're out of luck, unfortunately. I might be too, but I'm in with a chance and here is why.

I installed my Insider copy right at the start of the program on VMWare Player where it activated with my Live account. It also upgraded to the RTM copy when it was released and is activated. So far so good.

I then downloaded the ISO using Microsoft's tool and installed a clean copy on my laptop, again logging in with my Live account, but it won't activate, just like you've seen. Reason given is that the key is blocked. However, what I'm now gonna do is image that VM onto the laptop's HDD and see if that works. It may remain activated (doubtful), require a phone activation or simply not activate at all. Let's hope it activates.

BTW, I never opted out of the insider program and am still on the Fast updates, so my OS version is currently showing as 10.0.10532, which is later than the 10.0.10240 RTM build - it did a full OS install for it.

Finally, even though you can't activate yours, you can still do the upgrade thing from W7 or W8/8.1 so you're not actually stuck, you just don't get the Insider version.

qubit, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Yeah they blacklisted the insider keys at RTM, so u need to activate it again. They're using KMS server activation, so there's only handful of keys.

If you don't have any luck I can show another quicker method...lol

Pill Monster, Sep 28, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Activating Windows 10 even though the information on the OS shows it's already active

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 even though the information on the OS shows it's already active

1. Activating Windows 10 even though the information on the OS shows it's already active - Similar Threads - Activating though information

2. Windows 11 shows "your windows license is not activated" even though it is activated in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shows "your windows license is not activated" even though it is activated in...: Windows 11 says "Your Windows License will expire soon", When i check it in settings it says windows is activated.....but it keeps on showing that message and its pretty annoying......how to get rid of it please help...
  3. Windows 11 shows "your windows license is not activated" even though it is activated in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shows "your windows license is not activated" even though it is activated in...: Windows 11 says "Your Windows License will expire soon", When i check it in settings it says windows is activated.....but it keeps on showing that message and its pretty annoying......how to get rid of it please help...
  4. Windows 11 shows "your windows license is not activated" even though it is activated in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 shows "your windows license is not activated" even though it is activated in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 shows "your windows license is not activated" even though it is activated in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 shows "Activate Windows" prompt even though I have a product key already

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 shows "Activate Windows" prompt even though I have a product key already: Can someone help? I've never had this issue before. submitted by /u/Commercial_Soup1082 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ycczel/windows_10_shows_activate_windows_prompt_even/
  8. Windows says "Activate Windows," even though it already is.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows says "Activate Windows," even though it already is.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/99iuzavakuw51.png?width=316&format=png&auto=webp&s=8a75fa5bc759a340ea8727a285a78d6fccdc9107 submitted by /u/buddieminceraft [link] [comments]...
  9. Activating windows even though it came activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows even though it came activated?: This is a very strange question, I know. About a year and a half ago I upgraded to an SSD to get my games to run faster, and had my friend install it for me. Tonight, I went to go update some settings and realized it said "You need to activate Windows before you can...
  10. Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps asking to be activated even though already activated: Maybe a week or two ago my windows started showing the "Activate windows" watermark. In the settings it said I was already activated. Even so I acquired my licence code through the cmd window, clicked "change product code" and typed it in. This fixed the issue for a little...