Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 from changing motherboards

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 from changing motherboards in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using a MSI motherboard that I have brought from Amazon.com and there was a broken pin on the CPU Socket but I'v installed windows10 home on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rajan marlow, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Activating Windows 10 from changing motherboards

I am using a MSI motherboard that I have brought from Amazon.com and there was a broken pin on the CPU Socket but I'v installed windows10 home on it with a official licence key but now Amazon are going to send me a new motherboard the same one but with no broken pin on it hopefully.

So now.. my question is that when I install windows10 on the new motherboard how can I install the same licence key on it, so basically remove the licence key on my current motherboard what has the broken pin on it and put it install it back on the new motherboard What hopefully will have no broken pin on the CPU socket.

:)

rajan marlow, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Graf Dyon Win User

Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Activating Windows 10 from changing motherboards

Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 from changing motherboards

1. Activating Windows 10 from changing motherboards - Similar Threads - Activating changing motherboards

2. Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 After Motherboard Change: Hi, I have read all the articles possible about how to activate Windows 10 after a hardware change and nothing has worked. I swapped my motherboard for something more high-end and nothing else, but now my activation is debunked. Windows knows my product key Win 10 Home...
  3. windows 10 activation/motherboard change

windows 10 activation/motherboard change: i just upgraded my pc and sold the old one i changed the motherboard and cpu along with the rami still have the GPU HDDs windows is is asking me to activate it again and when i looked online for steps to follow i got to the activate windows screen in settings and it now...
  4. Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard: Hello, I had activated Windows 10 and Office Home & Student and yesterday I bought a new motherboard. My windows said that I don't have a license. I lost my activation key for Windows but I have for office. What can I do?...
  5. change motherboard and activate window 10

change motherboard and activate window 10: Hi, I would like to update my hp computer motherboard with pre-installed window 10 with OEM version. I am wondering if I able to do that? Since I know that window 10 is somehow tied with the motherboard....
  6. Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard: So I changed motherboard and it says that I need to reactivate Windows, I log in to my Microsoft account (i got windows 10 free from a windows 7 upgrade a while ago) I let Windows diagnose the problem, they say that there has been a report of hardware change, I press the...
  7. Windows 10 Activation After Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation After Motherboard Change: I have installed a new motherboard on my PC and now Windows 10 says it is not activated. I got to settings>Update&Security>Activation I get error code 0xC004C060 I troubleshoot and get the message "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device" I click "Change...
  8. Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change

Windows 10 Activation with motherboard change: Probably a common question, but I have not found anything helpful yet. I had a motherboard with an Intel processor and have updated to a an AMD processor. Windows handled the transition okay, but I have been having no luck getting windows to re-activate. I have tried...
  9. changed motherboard - can't activate windows 10

changed motherboard - can't activate windows 10: Hello. I have a windows 10 Pro RETAIL license. I have upgrated my mobo, cpu and ram, and after installing of new drivers, windows is NOT activated anymore. I have tried the tool to reactivate my digital license, but after logging in, it says that the windows servers are...
  10. windows 10 activation on motherboard change

windows 10 activation on motherboard change: Hi,i need change my motherboard,anyone got windows 10 activated on this situation? I dont have windows pre-installed on this pc,have windows 8 dvd with licence code from store and windows 10 activated on old motherboard already. In windows 8,there was phone activation that...