Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a new computer, and I am trying to migrate from my old computer to this new one. I own a copy of Windows 10 Education... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CocoaBeanz, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key

Hi,

I recently bought a new computer, and I am trying to migrate from my old computer to this new one.

I own a copy of Windows 10 Education Edition, registered with my Microsoft account, but I lost the product key.

I installed the appropriate Windows version on my new computer and signed in with my Microsoft account, but Windows on this device is still not showing as activated (error code 0xC00F213). The Troubleshooter gives the vague report: "We can't activate your copy of Windows."

Most guides provided by Windows say that you can activate your copy with either the key or a digital license, which I have. They usually say that signing in with your Microsoft account is all you need to do to activate, but that didn't work for me.

Is there a way to activate this copy of Windows 10 using only my digital license?

Thank you in advance.

:)

CocoaBeanz, Nov 9, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Nov 9, 2019
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key

1. Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key - Similar Threads - Activating Device Key

2. Activation windows key to device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation windows key to device: Hi,I recently build a pc and I didnt link my purchased windows key to a microsoft account. I used a local accountThe pc hardware malfunctioned and I replaced the motherboard.However now my desktop says that the windows key is activated on another pc and that I need to...
  3. Activation windows key to device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation windows key to device: Hi,I recently build a pc and I didnt link my purchased windows key to a microsoft account. I used a local accountThe pc hardware malfunctioned and I replaced the motherboard.However now my desktop says that the windows key is activated on another pc and that I need to...
  4. Activation windows key to device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Product Key Transfer Activate/Re-activate Windows 10 to New Device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key Transfer Activate/Re-activate Windows 10 to New Device: Background/Actions Taken on Previous Device: - I have confirmed my Product Key is on RETAIL, thus it is transferrable - I also have tried run though the Troubleshoot process but no good result come out - I have tried the process of Deactivating through CMD as Admin with...
  6. activating windows 10 with new key

activating windows 10 with new key: im trying to activate my trial version with new key its showing errors i tried every thing but none of them worked error code 0xC004C003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-with-new-key/7665d2f8-84bd-4788-8f28-54b11e40d817
  7. activation key not working after loading Windows 10 on a new device

activation key not working after loading Windows 10 on a new device: Hi I have moved my copy of Windows 10 Pro from my old Desktop to my new NUC. Desktop no longer used. I took the old activation key from the desktop, but it is not recognising it on the new device. Any ideas? Thank you...
  8. windows 10 activation new device

windows 10 activation new device: hi, I'm struggling to activate windows 10 on a new laptop device please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-new-device/13e3f89e-8139-43e0-82b6-7d9c61c4c638
  9. Windows 10 activation on new device

Windows 10 activation on new device: So i bought a new device and would like to use the old windows key to activate it, yes i checked an i can do that with my key. how exactly do i remove it from my old device so it can be used in the new one?...
  10. Can you use a device’s Windows 7 key to activate a new device’s Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you use a device’s Windows 7 key to activate a new device’s Windows 10?: Im building a new pc and i was wondering if i could use a windows 7 product key to activate the windows 10 of the new pc. We have no intention to upgrade the existing pc and this would save me some money....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not activating on new device digital