Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So basically I have recently bought a brand new PC. I have created an Installation media on my USB drive for Windows 10 installation. I have Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by edwinfinsterbusch, May 8, 2020.

1. Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account

So basically I have recently bought a brand new PC. I have created an Installation media on my USB drive for Windows 10 installation.

I have Windows 10 on my current PC that is linked to my Microsoft account.

How would I transfer that licence to my new PC in order to activate Windows on there? Would I need to deactivate my current PC, in order to activate on my new PC? Or is it as simple as just logging into my Microsoft account on my new PC, and managing the licence transfer from there?

Thank you in advance.

:)

edwinfinsterbusch, May 8, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 8, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account

1. Activating Windows 10 on a new PC with a Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Activating Microsoft Account

2. Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account: I recently re-installed Windows on my computer after a hardware change and I created my user account with a different Microsoft account than what was on my old install. Now, when I try to activate Windows 10 with my old product key, I get error 0xc004c060 "Unable to activate...
  3. Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account: I recently re-installed Windows on my computer after a hardware change and I created my user account with a different Microsoft account than what was on my old install. Now, when I try to activate Windows 10 with my old product key, I get error 0xc004c060 "Unable to activate...
  4. Activating Windows 10 on a New Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating Windows 10 on a new PC

Activating Windows 10 on a new PC: Hi, I am turning to the forum for help as I have made five separate requests to support to call me but so far no one has!I am trying to activate/ transfer my digitally licenced copy of Windows 10 Professional to a new PC that I have purchased.The new machine was supplied with...
  6. Activating Windows 10 on a new PC

Activating Windows 10 on a new PC: Hi, I am turning to the forum for help as I have made five separate requests to support to call me but so far no one has!I am trying to activate/ transfer my digitally licenced copy of Windows 10 Professional to a new PC that I have purchased.The new machine was supplied with...
  7. windows 10 activating on new pc

windows 10 activating on new pc: Hi, i bought a new pc and im trying to get my windows 10 to activate on it, i have an account and logged in with it, but it wont activate. instead trying to prompt me to buy a new windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 activation on new pc

Windows 10 activation on new pc: I recently just upgraded my pc with a new motherboard, cpu and ram and have notices windows is un-activated, my old motherboard and system had windows on it when I uninstalled it. Is there anyway now that it is uninstalled to transfer windows from that system to my current...
  9. Activating Windows 10 on a new PC

Activating Windows 10 on a new PC: Hello, I bought a PC 4 Years ago with a Windows 10 licence. Last year i bought a new PC. It does not have Windows 10 Activated. I uninstalled the product key on my old PC and tried to activate it on my new PC again and it didn't work. What should I do ? Thanks !...
  10. New Microsoft account activity policy

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft account activity policy: Published: July 01, 2019 Effective: August 30, 2019 This Microsoft account activity policy describes when Microsoft may close your account due to account inactivity. You may choose to close your Microsoft account at any time on the Microsoft account management website and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows 10 on new pc