Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I need help in this as contacting support and browsing through the forum didn't answer my question.I also tried opening a 'service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zandrex, Apr 6, 2022.

1. zandrex Win User

Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried

Hello everyone, I need help in this as contacting support and browsing through the forum didn't answer my question.I also tried opening a 'service request' on the Get Help app on another PC. The request was opened with "Expect a call from a support agent in about 0 minutes" and I don't get a call for 2 days. Tried opening another request and same thing happened. Very disappointed.Anyways, my motherboard got fried and I had to replace it along with a new CPU, so there is NO WAY I could have done the "I changed hardware on this device recently". Also I do not think I linked my Microsoft account

:)

zandrex, Apr 6, 2022
  2. VisioWL Win User

Windows 10 not activated after motherboard swap

Hi,

I've ran into interesting problem after swapping out my computer's motherboard. The old motherboard contained a windows 8.1 pro key in the bios and the computer was upgraded to window 10 pro. After I swapped out the motherboard, the old one was fried, and
    put the new one in, I can't activate windows anymore.

The new motherboard contains a new windows 8.1 key but is there a way to activate it? Or do i simply have to reinstall windows 10?

Best regards.

VisioWL, Apr 6, 2022
  3. Fimbot Win User
    Motherboards and activations

Hi,

I damaged the motherboard for my main Windows 10 PC earlier this week and needing access to it swapped out a suitable motherboard from a 2012 R2 server. The Win10 activiation failed for the PC using the swapped in ex-server motherboard. The kind people at
    Microsoft reactivated Windows on the PC - I still have the Service Request details etc, so support can follow this if needed.

I cannot find a suitable motherbaord to replace the one from the server, although I have found a used board that would suffice for my PC. So now I am faced with the prospect of swapping the motherboard from the PC backing into the server, and using the 'new'
    used motherboard in the Windows 10 PC.

My questions are:

Do you think Microsoft are likely to again reactivate my Windows PC having swapped back the motherboard to the server (in hindsight I guess I should have waited to ascertain the availability of replacement motherboards, in which case it would have only been
    a temporary move).

Secondly, am I likely to get activation issues with putting the original motherboard back into the server?

Any thoughts on this matter?

Regards,

Daz

Fimbot, Apr 6, 2022
  4. Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried

Windows 10 won't Activate after Motherboard Swap

I have just done a motherboard swap on my PC and have decided to reinstall Windows. When I come to activate Windows it spits out the error code 0xC004C003. I originally started with Windows 8.1 but then upgraded to Windows 10 on launch day.

madcal2000, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried

1. Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried - Similar Threads - Activating motherboard swap

2. Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried: Hello everyone, I need help in this as contacting support and browsing through the forum didn't answer my question.I also tried opening a 'service request' on the Get Help app on another PC. The request was opened with "Expect a call from a support agent in about 0 minutes"...
  3. Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 10 on a PC with motherboard swap because my motherboard got fried: Hello everyone, I need help in this as contacting support and browsing through the forum didn't answer my question.I also tried opening a 'service request' on the Get Help app on another PC. The request was opened with "Expect a call from a support agent in about 0 minutes"...
  4. Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.: Hello I bought a PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 Home. I set up PC and activated/linked Windows 10 to my Microsoft account. A few moths later I upgraded my Motherboard and I wanted to make sure Windows 10 was activated on new MOBO to avoid any issues, problem is the " I...
  5. Cannot activate Windows 10 after motherboard swap

Cannot activate Windows 10 after motherboard swap: I recently installed a new motherboard and now unable to active my genuine digital copy of Windows 10 Home. I've followed the troubleshooting recommendations all to no avail; it tells me, "We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  6. windows 10 and motherboard swapping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 and motherboard swapping: I bought a computer everything already built. it came with windows 10 on it. I have been slowly upgrading the components over time. My question is, is windows 10 tied to the hard drive or the motherboard. Ive read before that some people have problems swapping in a new...
  7. Cannot activate windows after motherboard swap.

Cannot activate windows after motherboard swap.: I had an old computer that originally had windows 7 installed from a disc that I upgraded to windows 10 a while ago. Today I upgraded its motherboard ,ram and cpu and now windows 10 wont re activate. I am logged onto the same Microsoft account that I used and it originally...
  8. Windows activation after motherboard swap

Windows activation after motherboard swap: I called Microsoft support to help with activating windows after I changed my motherboard. I have a digital licence that I received when upgrading from Windows 7 years ago. This had survived a previous motherboard swap a few years ago with no issue. Support told me there...
  9. Windows 10 Activation Failure After Motherboard Swap

Windows 10 Activation Failure After Motherboard Swap: Hello, I recently change my motherboard and now I am receiving an activation error: "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213." I have tried the "Troubleshoot" option along with the "I changed hardware on this device recently"...
  10. Trying to swap my motherboard

Trying to swap my motherboard: Hey All, A few years ago I built my first PC and everything went great. Recently I tried to swap out my motherboard but after doing so couldn't reactivate windows. I then put my previous mobo back in and everything's running fine but I still would like to know how I can get...