Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 on a refurbished PC

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 on a refurbished PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought an HP desktop computer that has Windows 10 on it. The computer is refurbished, so I expected to find a working copy of Windows on it. I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adinerach, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Adinerach Win User

Activating Windows 10 on a refurbished PC

I just bought an HP desktop computer that has Windows 10 on it. The computer is refurbished, so I expected to find a working copy of Windows on it. I'd like to avoid having to buy a new copy of Windows if possible since the price tag is currently too high for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Adinerach, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Larry1RR Win User

MICROSOFT WINDOWS FOR REFURBISHED PCs

I have a refurbished PC that I had to replaced the hard drive in . Will the keys that came with it activate a new install of windows 10 made with the creation tool? The instructions that came with the PC says the key on the license sticker will only work
    with Microsoft Windows for Refurbished PCs. The sticker with the key # says Microsoft windows 10 Pro for Refurbished PCs.

Larry1RR, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Activating Windows 10 on a refurbished PC

activating windows ten on a refurbished pc

So I got a free download for windows ten onto my laptop. I have now refurbished this old pc and have been running it without activating windows ten. Now it keeps giving me an error code when I try to activate it?

Pat Davis 111, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 on a refurbished PC

1. Activating Windows 10 on a refurbished PC - Similar Threads - Activating refurbished

2. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  3. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  4. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. What kind of activation code do I need for a refurbished laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What kind of activation code do I need for a refurbished laptop?: I purchased a refurbished laptop from my company for personal use. It has windows installed, but I need to get my own activation key. How do I do that, and what do i need?...
  6. What kind of activation code do I need for a refurbished laptop?

What kind of activation code do I need for a refurbished laptop?: I purchased a refurbished laptop from my company for personal use. It has windows installed, but I need to get my own activation key. How do I do that, and what do i need?...
  7. No numbers for a refurbished desktop that needs activation. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No numbers for a refurbished desktop that needs activation. Please help!: Hi Greg, Have a refurbished gifted desktop, the activation ended after a reinstall and I have no number to activate it. Do I need to buy another OS? Hope not, I am a retired hermit with little money. Thanks. Brother *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. No numbers for a refurbished desktop that needs activation. Please help!

No numbers for a refurbished desktop that needs activation. Please help!: Hi Greg, Have a refurbished gifted desktop, the activation ended after a reinstall and I have no number to activate it. Do I need to buy another OS? Hope not, I am a retired hermit with little money. Thanks. Brother *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. No numbers for a refurbished desktop that needs activation. Please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished HP computer; although the seller said the licence was valid, it has a Windows 10 Home license sticker on it but with Windows 10 Pro installed not activated. I'd like to make it legal, since I do have a valid license, I even purchased an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bought refurbished desktop window 10 will not activate