Windows 10: activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop

Discus and support activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Hi how do activate Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JayEWII, Feb 21, 2019.

1. JayEWII Win User

activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop

Hello. Hi how do activate Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop?

:)

JayEWII, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Taleys Win User

Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

Hi. When I log into my Microsoft account and check under Devices, I only see 3 out of 4 devices that I use with the account. Listed are two nokia windows phones running win 8.1 and 1 hp stream 11 laptop running windows 10.

My main hp-15 laptop running windows 10 is not listed.

I've tried the steps here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-trusted-device

to make it a trusted device but it doesn't make my hp-15 laptop listed.

Thanks

Taleys, Feb 21, 2019
  3. eswardev Win User
    My 2 months old HP laptop (HP 15-ay106ne) is suddenly shutting down

I'm from India. I bought a HP 15-ay106ne laptop through my uncle in Abu Dubai on 01-01-2017.

After a week I noticed that it didn't charge up to 100%. After 15 days I noticed that it suddenly shuts down when the charging reaches 15% without any notification about plug-in. After few days it shuts down in between 15% and 20%.

Now it's shutting down in between 36%-40% of charging. I found that the battery backup is also not good. Original backup is 10 hours but my laptop gives 5 hours of battery backup.

I gave my laptop in to a HP service centre and they said it has a hardware problem. In India the spare parts are not available so please go to Dubai with your laptop.

I preferred to buy it in Dubai because of its international warranty. But now they are not going to help me out of this problem.

Please help me to get my laptop in good condition. And suggest me how to decrease the cycle count.

eswardev, Feb 21, 2019
  4. activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop

Battery Problem { hp envy 15}

Hi Mohsin,

I am sorry to know that you have been facing battery issue for 2 months.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    If the issue persist, then I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below ad check. If you cant perform few steps on your own please check with HP.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10):

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge:

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge | HP® Customer Support

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop

1. activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop - Similar Threads - activating laptop

2. The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???: Am i stuck having to pay for Windows myself now??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-laptop-given-to-me-has-windows-not-activated/59f9a336-f1b5-4591-849f-a449e89c7124
  3. The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The laptop given to me has windows not activated, am i now stuck with paying for it???: Am i stuck having to pay for Windows myself now??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-laptop-given-to-me-has-windows-not-activated/59f9a336-f1b5-4591-849f-a449e89c7124
  4. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...: I very recently acquired a new for me laptop, it's a Lenovo yoga laptop idk if that helps. It still had an old business account on it so I decided to factory reset it it's not stolen. I wasn't able to activate windows invalid product key? and I'm not really the most tech...
  5. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...: I very recently acquired a new for me laptop, it's a Lenovo yoga laptop idk if that helps. It still had an old business account on it so I decided to factory reset it it's not stolen. I wasn't able to activate windows invalid product key? and I'm not really the most tech...
  6. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

7. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  8. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  9. How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?

How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5: S/N PW003EAE. the fingerprint reader won't accept my fingerprint as of yesterday. Previously it has worked fine since the purchase on 2/9/2022. I did not create a password or a Pin, since I assumed the fingerprint reader was sufficient. I...
  10. How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5: S/N PW003EAE. the fingerprint reader won't accept my fingerprint as of yesterday. Previously it has worked fine since the purchase on 2/9/2022. I did not create a password or a Pin, since I assumed the fingerprint reader was sufficient. I...