Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 Pro after reinstalling the OS

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 Pro after reinstalling the OS in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a dell inspiron 7591 system with windows 10 home license. I later purchased a key for the pro version and upgraded windows. Later, I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sjysharna, Sep 30, 2019.

1. sjysharna Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro after reinstalling the OS

I purchased a dell inspiron 7591 system with windows 10 home license. I later purchased a key for the pro version and upgraded windows. Later, I had to reinstall windows and I when I try to activate the same key, it says the product key did not work. Error code is 0xc004f050. The home edition, surprisingly, is still activated.

:)

sjysharna, Sep 30, 2019
  2. tigger Win User

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    Buy Windows 10 Professional license online - Softwaregeeks.co.uk

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Sep 30, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Activating Windows 10 Pro after reinstalling the OS :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Activating Windows 10 Pro after reinstalling the OS - Similar Threads - Activating Pro reinstalling

2. Windows 11 Activation with old windows 10 key After Reinstallation of OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation with old windows 10 key After Reinstallation of OS: hello, i recently had to reinstall windows due to some corrupted files, and I had upgraded to windows 11 for free from windows 10. my product key for windows 10 is apparently not good enough for my windows to be considered activated, and i am now getting an error code of...
  3. Windows 11 Activation with old windows 10 key After Reinstallation of OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation with old windows 10 key After Reinstallation of OS: hello, i recently had to reinstall windows due to some corrupted files, and I had upgraded to windows 11 for free from windows 10. my product key for windows 10 is apparently not good enough for my windows to be considered activated, and i am now getting an error code of...
  4. Windows 10 Activation after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after reinstallation: I recently brought Laptop HP EliteBook thru eBay from a reseller.On receipt, I was performing a full reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro using the media available from HP. In the middle of installation, it gives this message if the internet is connected "Sign-in with your XXXX...
  5. Will I lose my Windows 10 Pro license/activation after I reinstall the OS on a laptop that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I lose my Windows 10 Pro license/activation after I reinstall the OS on a laptop that...: I have a laptop that was originally loaded with Windows 10 Home. Sometime after that, I bought a cheap Windows 10 Pro activation key online from some website not an official Microsoft one and used it to upgrade my system to Windows 10 Pro probably an OEM key, but it works...
  6. Windows 10 pro not activated automatically after reinstall

Windows 10 pro not activated automatically after reinstall: When I bought my laptop, it came with preinstalled windows 10 pro. I was told that the product key for windows is coded in motherboard and it will activate windows automatically whenever I reinstall the windows. I recently reinstalled windows on my laptop but it has not...
  7. Windows 10 pro activation after reinstalling windows.

Windows 10 pro activation after reinstalling windows.: Hello! I had a windows 10 pro activation before i installed Linux to my laptop and also wiping windows at the same time now when i installed windows back it says i have an home license from my account which is true but i also had the pro activation on this device and all my...
  8. re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro)

re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro): Hi, My mum gave me her Laptop which she had from new. She had upgraded free to windows 10 from 8.1. when I got the laptop I re-installed windows 10 (PRO) and have never been able to activate. I believe she'd had Home version. I do not have a product key but when she gave it...
  9. Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling

Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling: Hi, I'm using a laptop, wich has pre installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit version (activated with a digital license and I'm using a local account). My question is if I have to reinstall the same version of windows for some reason how can I reactivate it. should I switch to my...
  10. Activation of Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation of Windows 10 Pro after reinstallation: Hello, I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my main PC. The reinstallation was successful. I ended up having a Windows 10 Home version. It was successful activated. I then upgraded to a Windows 10 Pro version via the Microsoft Store, and I am sure I selected Windows 10 Pro,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use microsoft account to keep license after reinsstall os