Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 Pro from died HDD to a new one.

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 Pro from died HDD to a new one. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there :) I was wondering if i can activate my Windows 10 Pro on another harddrive. My old harddrive died, mostly because my old motherboard wasnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PredragBanic, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Activating Windows 10 Pro from died HDD to a new one.

Hi there Activating Windows 10 Pro from died HDD to a new one. :)

I was wondering if i can activate my Windows 10 Pro on another harddrive. My old harddrive died, mostly because my old motherboard wasnt compatible with new Windows update,so i bought a new hdd and new motherboard. Is it possible to activate windows thats tied with the Microsoft account on the new computer with my Microsoft Account when i set it up? I unfortunately dont know the product key, because i received this windows via my university so its not in the windows shop.

:)

PredragBanic, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows activation on new HDD

Hi Vijai, changing a HDD should have absolutely no effect on your Windows 10 licencing, you can re-install Windows 10 whenever you need to . . .

Have you already installed Windows 10 onto that new HDD and if so, are you getting an activation error?

If so, activation issues after a re-install are generally because a different Edition (Home, Pro . . .etc.) has been installed, that does not match the previously installed Edition

Go to Settings - System - About, does the Edition reported there match the previously installed Edition?

DaveM121, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Activating Windows 10 Pro from died HDD to a new one.

Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 Pro from died HDD to a new one.

1. Activating Windows 10 Pro from died HDD to a new one. - Similar Threads - Activating Pro died

2. HDD is about to die

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD is about to die: I wont be able to tell which one it is because I have 2 or 3 of the same drive, is it ok to keep it plugged in once it dies though? HD Sentinel reports it has Current health: 18 % Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring HITACHI HDT721010SLA360 138968
  3. Windows 10 activation new device from old one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation new device from old one: I assembled new pc selling old one. I was unaware of how licensing works. I did format my old pc before selling it. Now I am trying to activate it on new pc but it is not working. I have digital licensed attached to my account. So how I can fix this. Thanks....
  4. Windows activation on new HDD

Windows activation on new HDD: I Have changed HDD, previously my Windows 10 was upgraded from 8.1. I don't have activation key handy, used to log in thru MS id. Whether Its possible to activate Windows with old license on my new HDD?, rest hardware are same. Please help....
  5. Activate Windows 10 Pro on new computer

Activate Windows 10 Pro on new computer: My computer died and I built a new one. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro but can't activate it. My account says I have 2 PCs but my old one is dead. Should I delete my old PC from my account? Will I be able then to activate my new PC?...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Internet dying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro - Internet dying: I just installed a new Windows 10 Professional PC and it is killing my internet connection. Here is what has happened and what I have tried. I turn on the PC and start to surf the internet, everything seems ok and then bam no internet so I disconnect this PC and the...
  7. New Hdd windows 10 wont activate

New Hdd windows 10 wont activate: Hi guys. I just replace my hdd after the old one fail on me.The old hdd was window 7 upgraded to 10 and was also activate,i also made, a usb w10 back up too.(call me noobie *Homer Drooling)I needed up using the back up usb to install window 10 and also the old w10 cd key on...
  8. Motherboard Died - Windows 10 Activation

Motherboard Died - Windows 10 Activation: So my motherboard died (I'm writing this from my wife's laptop) and I have to replace it. I've replaced many motherboards in my long career and by far the Windows 7 replacements were the easiest. But now that I have the free Windows 10 upgrade (from Windows 7) on the PC I'm...
  9. Windows 10 Pro not activating on SSD but okay on HDD

Windows 10 Pro not activating on SSD but okay on HDD: With one of my current PC configurations, I have activated and have been using / activating Win 10 Home without problems. I think this was from a retail key. Recently, I have discovered / reminded myself that I also have a Win 10 Pro license on this setup, but after...
  10. Use Converted ISO from one hdd to a new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use Converted ISO from one hdd to a new one?: Not sure If my title is clear but here is what I would like to accomplish. My apologies if this has been answered somewhere else or needs to be moved. Download the free upgrade on my existing win 7 laptop but not install it. Make an ISO from the downloaded ESD file as...