Windows 10: activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware.

Discus and support activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I'd a laptop with windows 10 pro installed on my ssd drive. Recently I sold this laptop but without my ssd. I've bought a new laptop with pre... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DenisZaikin, Apr 29, 2019.

1. activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware.

Hi

I'd a laptop with windows 10 pro installed on my ssd drive. Recently I sold this laptop but without my ssd.

I've bought a new laptop with pre installed windows 10 home in s mode. What I did: I replaced factory ssd (with windows 10 in s mode) with my ssd where installed windows 10 pro.

Laptop boot fine but windows is not activated and now my windows 10 pro runs in S mode.

I can do nothing with my new laptop. Activation isn't working!

Activation detects that my hardware is changed, I ran troubleshooter, trying to activate windows on new hardware but get no luck.

"We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try again later."

I don't want to reinstall windows!

Any suggestions?

:)

DenisZaikin, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Kolby65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Apr 29, 2019
  3. JT1969C10 Win User
    Activating WIndows 10 after hardware change.

Before replacing my hardware on my main computer, I logged into my Microsoft Windows account. Once logged in, I saw that the name of the PC that I was upgrading was in my list of PCs that were activated for Windows 10 Pro. So after reviewing how to reactivate
    after a HW changed, I went ahead and upgraded the motherboard, CPU and memory in that PC.

Now, when it is time to reactivate, the PC in question is still listed in the hardware list on my MS account but it will not allow me to activate Windows. I followed the instructions online and ran the troubleshooting tool. It then gave me the following
    response:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the
    Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

See other devices linked to your Microsoft account

So why would it not find the license that was for this PC when it had the old hardware installed? My assumption, albeit may wrong, was that the PC was activated because it was in the list. It was also activated as a Windows 10 Pro edition.

Anyone have any suggestions on this type of issue?

JT1969C10, Apr 29, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware.

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

Thema:

activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware.

1. activating windows 10 pro in s mode after changing hardware. - Similar Threads - activating pro mode

2. Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change: Hi thereMy motherboard/cpu died and I have installed a new motherboard and cpu, everything else is the same.I have the message now that Windows is not activated. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211I have tried the Troubleshoot...
  3. Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change: Hi thereMy motherboard/cpu died and I have installed a new motherboard and cpu, everything else is the same.I have the message now that Windows is not activated. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211I have tried the Troubleshoot...
  4. Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change

Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change: I have a Windows 10 Pro non-OEM which I originally purchased as XP Pro, then paid to upgrade to Windows 8 and took the upgrade route to Windows 10. The last time I upgraded the hardware 5 years ago I had no problems re-activating. I have just upgraded my Motherboard and...
  6. Windows Pro not activated after hardware change

Windows Pro not activated after hardware change: I upgraded my CPU today and due to the newer technology and chipset of the CPU I had to get a new motherboard that supports the chipset of the new CPU. after installing the hardware and resetting the PC my windows Pro was not activated anymore? I tried the troubleshooter and...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Activation After Hardware Change

Windows 10 Pro Activation After Hardware Change: Since call support seems to be refusing to hold up their end when it comes to appointment times, I'll turn here. I recently replaced my MOBO and CPU for my custom PC, resulting my W10 Pro not activating. I've tried the various solutions suggested by the troubleshoot dialog...
  8. Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.

Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.: I cant activate windows after I switched my motherboard. I ran the troubleshooter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MVjNHYYhTE Also this picture is taken from https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ should I remove my old pc from my devices?[ATTACH]...
  9. win 10 pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 pro activation after hardware change: I got the free upgrade to 10 from 8 it loaded the pro version. My mother board failed and had to be replaced. On activating it gives a message 0x800700B. It cannot connect to my organizations activating server. I am 78years old I do not have an organization. The product is...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Recently upgraded my home PC after a motherboard failure; it was older, so this includes a processor upgrade as well. After getting it operational again, I was plagued by the "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right corner of the screen. Following the standard...