Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey Guys, Apologies for the long back story. So I purchased a used laptop from a guy, only to discover a non genuine version of windows 10 PRO on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ericolorunfemi, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows

Hey Guys,

Apologies for the long back story. So I purchased a used laptop from a guy, only to discover a non genuine version of windows 10 PRO on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 5755) that should have originally come with Window 10 HOME. So I quickly buy an OEM version of windows 10 PRO, format the machine and perform a clean installation of windows 10 PRO, only to be shown an error that my product key has been used on another computer. Is it possible for me to change the product key to this new one? Or have I been duped by the vendor that sold it to me? Remember, The original OS is Windows 10 HOME. It was changed to Windows 10 PRO (probably cracked). Now I want to change to an Original Windows 10 PRO OEM. Is this possible? Thank you.

:)

ericolorunfemi, Mar 10, 2019
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Pro laptop showing as non-genuine.

Good afternoon, I have a client who bought several Windows 7 Pro laptops a few years ago, one of these is now suddenly reporting that it is non-genuine. As I support them I would be surprised if anyone had tried to reinstall the laptop, although I can't
    rule it out, but regardless the laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad and the version of Windows on there is a Lenovo OEM copy, so I'm surprised it's reporting as non-genuine. The only activation option is online (Phone option is missing entirely, not simply greyed
    out - SLUI 4 opens the same screen with only online option) and that opens a URL error screen, so I'm a little stuck!

Mark Manning - ICT Studio Limited, Mar 10, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows

Windows not genuine problem

or maybe it's

that gives your OEM licens a activation problem *Big Grin Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows :D

puma99dk|, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows

1. Activating Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop that had a Non Genuine Copy of Windows - Similar Threads - Activating Pro OEM

2. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  3. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active: i got my HDD crashed and i replaced new one. I added windows 10 from shop and now saying it was a copy of many of users. how can i fix this. can i reinstall windows 10 without any data lose or something....
  4. Running non-genuin copy of windows 10 and can't active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home: When I built my PC 4 years ago, I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft's website but never purchased an activation key. This leaves me without administrator's privileges. I have more $ these days and I want to be legit, so I bought an activation code and entered the product...
  6. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home: When I built my PC 4 years ago, I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft's website but never purchased an activation key. This leaves me without administrator's privileges. I have more $ these days and I want to be legit, so I bought an activation code and entered the product...
  7. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy: I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt...
  9. Need to un-activate non-genuine Windows license and activate Windows 10 Pro

Need to un-activate non-genuine Windows license and activate Windows 10 Pro: Hello, 1. I have a couple of items I need to accomplish. I recently built a new PC and upon building, I had initially used a non-genuine version of Windows 10. I've tried to hard reset my PC, use the Media Creation Tool, and other options, but I'm unable to remove this...
  10. Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating

Genuine copy of Windows 10 not activating: Hello, I own a digital download copy of Windows 10 purchased from their online store which I've been using for about a year. I've only just recently rebuilt my computer from scratch using the two existing hard drives on with all my files and programmes that I didn't want to...