Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I would like help with the error code: 0xc004f074 Unable to activate windows "We can't activate Windows on this device because we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lewis_98, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Lewis_98 Win User

Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key

Hello,

I would like help with the error code: 0xc004f074

Unable to activate windows

"We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's activation server. Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organisation's support person. (0xc004f074)".

Microsoft documentation says that error code 0xc004f074 may be caused due to trying to activate windows with a different versions' key.

Additionally it says windows 10 Enterprise "requires a base installation of Windows 10 Pro (Enterprise)” which is what I have.

"You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro"

Do you need to first activate a windows 10 pro key and then activate a separate enterprise key?

- Thanks all

:)

Lewis_98, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Aquinus Win User

windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Sep 26, 2019
  3. dom99 Win User
    windows 10 key

I haven't read all the replies but I can tell you that doing a fresh install of windows 10 and using your windows 8 product key does not work. I spent 2 hours on the phone to microsoft and unless something has changed in the last couple of months you have to install windows 8 and upgrade from there (using methods stated in this thread).

Although it does automatically activate when doing a fresh install of windows 10 when windows 8 was previously activated.

I cheated in the end after getting frustrated and used an MSDN licence from work which I will have to stop using at some point *Frown Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key :(

dom99, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key - Similar Threads - Activating pro Enterprise

2. windows 10 enterprise activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 enterprise activation: laptop will not allow me to activate windows 10 enterprise just keeps saying try again later https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-activation/26de70d9-974a-42ce-809e-6a8f3faf9dd7"
  3. Finding the Windows 10 Enterprise Product Key for activation

Finding the Windows 10 Enterprise Product Key for activation: So, I just upgraded my copy of Windows 10 Home edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition, but for some reason. I got Windows 10 Enterprise edition instead. And now, I get an email from the date of purchase like normal, but there is no product key included and I already had a product...
  4. Activate windows 10 enterprise evaluation with windows 10 professional key

Activate windows 10 enterprise evaluation with windows 10 professional key: I installed windows 10 enterprise evaluation on my machine and want to activate it now with windows 10 professional key (As enterprise license only comes with bulk licensing) As I have already done complete installations so I don't want to do a clean install and want to...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise Key

Windows 10 Enterprise Key: Good day I would like to purchase a Windows 10 Enterprise key. The windows I am using are a windows 10 enterprise that is not activated. The key I'm trying to buy is for windows 10 Enterprise LTSC will that key work on my windows. If I go to properties on my PC it shows...
  6. Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.

Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.: I bought Windows 10 Pro 2 years ago and at the time on that computer it worked as an in-situ upgrade without issues. Ive since had to change computers and reinstall and it doesn't seem to exist any more. The windows install is the OEM supplied Win10 home. When i attempt...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise asking for Activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise asking for Activation key: I purchased a used laptop for my son who is in college. The laptop met the schools recommended RAM, processor, etc.. He is now getting a constant pop-up asking him for an activation key. What is the best way to handle this situation? Can we just purchase a new Windows disk?...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise - Multiple activation key - Reinstalling Windows

Windows 10 Enterprise - Multiple activation key - Reinstalling Windows: Hi! I got a question. If I use a single license to activate multiple computers (ePkea if I'm not wrong). What would happen if when a activated and licenced computer, is necessary to format it and reinstall windows? Would the license be used twice in that case? How would it...
  9. Windows 10 pro licence key

Windows 10 pro licence key: Hi all, I need help with activating Win 10. I'm trying to activate my Windows using product key I purchased for my old laptop that just died. I purchased new laptop and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on my new laptop using my old key but I keep getting errors that says...
  10. windows 10 pro licence key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro licence key: I had a hp elitebook with windows 8 licenced and downloaded the windows 10 pro upgrade which was free and as i understand with this it becomes a digital licence. Now that laptop has gone to pasture and i bought another laptop and used the same windows 10 which i downloaded...