Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 with my Microsoft account after hardware changes.

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 with my Microsoft account after hardware changes. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had windows 7 when I first built my computer back in 2016, I did the free upgrade to windows 10. I have had the activation linked to my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MikeSpalding1, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Activating Windows 10 with my Microsoft account after hardware changes.

I had windows 7 when I first built my computer back in 2016, I did the free upgrade to windows 10. I have had the activation linked to my account cause I have done minor changes where I had to reinstalled windows and it activates with no problem. I just did a major upgrade by changing the boards and processor, My windows will not activate now and when I look at my devices, I can see that it created a new device. The other device is no longer operating cause I changed hardware and reused my Storage devices. Is there a way to just transfer over the windows 10 cause I do not want to buy another one when I have it. I do not have the windows 7 Product code cause that was years ago in a different house. Like I said it is linked to my account and I tried calling the support number but nothing help me.

:)

MikeSpalding1, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Nov 7, 2019
  3. JT1969C10 Win User
    Activating WIndows 10 after hardware change.

Before replacing my hardware on my main computer, I logged into my Microsoft Windows account. Once logged in, I saw that the name of the PC that I was upgrading was in my list of PCs that were activated for Windows 10 Pro. So after reviewing how to reactivate
    after a HW changed, I went ahead and upgraded the motherboard, CPU and memory in that PC.

Now, when it is time to reactivate, the PC in question is still listed in the hardware list on my MS account but it will not allow me to activate Windows. I followed the instructions online and ran the troubleshooting tool. It then gave me the following
    response:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the
    Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

See other devices linked to your Microsoft account

So why would it not find the license that was for this PC when it had the old hardware installed? My assumption, albeit may wrong, was that the PC was activated because it was in the list. It was also activated as a Windows 10 Pro edition.

Anyone have any suggestions on this type of issue?

JT1969C10, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Activating Windows 10 with my Microsoft account after hardware changes.

Windows deactivated after hardware change, cant sign into Microsoft account to activate

Hello,

One of the possible reason why you can't sign in to your Microsoft account, is because the type of device you’re activating doesn’t match the type of device you linked to your digital license. To resolve you issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting
    steps on this
    article
    . This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and give us an update with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Activating Windows 10 with my Microsoft account after hardware changes.

1. Activating Windows 10 with my Microsoft account after hardware changes. - Similar Threads - Activating Microsoft account

2. Windows 10 is not activated after changing my hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 is not activated after changing my hardware: Hey, there Surya hereI recently changed my ram and SMPS because of lightning it burned my SMPS and the computer guy said that we need to change the ram to so we did. A screenshot may help....
  3. Microsoft 10 activation after a hardware change

Microsoft 10 activation after a hardware change: I had a PC with a digital license to my Microsoft account, which was given for free Microsoft gives free licenses to students , initially it was Windows 8 and then was upgraded to Windows 10. This PC's CPU stopped working so I bought a new PC and inserted the SSD from the...
  4. Forgotten microsoft account password and windows activation after hardware change.

Forgotten microsoft account password and windows activation after hardware change.: Could someone help me with this situation?I bought a new Lenovo laptop a couple of years ago with Windows 10 pre installed.On first startup, I created a microsoft account. I was never going to use it and never have used it, so I entered a password that I have forgotten and...
  5. Activating Windows 10 after changing hardware - wrong account

Activating Windows 10 after changing hardware - wrong account: I recently changed some hardware in my PC and I went to reactivate my Windows 10. I ran the troubleshooter and clicked "I changed hardware on this device recently." but the page it brought me to asked me to enter the password for an account I have deleted. When I try to...
  6. Cannot Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change And I never used microsoft account on my...

Cannot Activate Windows 10 After Hardware Change And I never used microsoft account on my...: My Old system Died Motherboard not booting up last week and after Purchasing new Hardware Processor and Motherboard I could not activate my Windows 10 Pro license i keep having an error 0xC004C003. Can somebody help me? I'm using local Account on my computer since it's...
  7. Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change: I got a new motherboard and windows became unactivated. I don't have the product key and troubleshooting from settings isn't working. Is there some way it was or can be emailed to me?...
  8. Windows 10 will not activate after hardware change.

Windows 10 will not activate after hardware change.: I am getting a message on my desktop that says to activate Windows, but when I go to settings and try to activate it I get the following error: "We can't activate Windows on this device right now. you can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows....
  9. Windows activation after hardware change, and Microsoft account problems.

Windows activation after hardware change, and Microsoft account problems.: I was trying to reactivate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard but was unable to and windows would only tell me to try again later. I went to my Microsoft account online and saw that the two devices there (which were the same) didn't have the correct version...
  10. Activate Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate Windows 10 after hardware change: Hello! I recently changed the motherboard in my PC, and I am unable to activate the computer. I've used this license before (upgraded from being a windows insider a few years ago), and I have changed components before without issue. I go through the troubleshooting...