Windows 10: Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium

Discus and support Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows Vista Home premium key, that when Win7 was release, I update to it. When Win10 came out same thing, no issues. Now, had problems with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JEPizarro, May 21, 2023.

1. JEPizarro Win User

Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium

I have a Windows Vista Home premium key, that when Win7 was release, I update to it. When Win10 came out same thing, no issues. Now, had problems with my hard drive and had to re-install and activate Win10. I went to a MCP here in the city I live in Germany, and problem solved. Two weeks later, my system crashed and had to replace the Mainboard and hard drive. Now, I installed windows without a Key and when prompted to activate windows, I can't. It says my key has already been used.How can I reset my Windows Key to activate?

:)

JEPizarro, May 21, 2023

2. Windows Vista Activation

I have 4 sytems in my home running vista(1 ult.-3 prem).The ultimate & 1 premium took SP1
    wthout a hitch.1 premium required re-activation?,The other premium did not list SP1 in windows up-date,So i manually installed it without any re-activation required.
    Also have to add that SP1 has increased performance in every comp.The ultimate machine actually got a 1,100 point increase in 3d 06 without any other changes at all.

GREASEMONKEY, May 21, 2023
  3. Windows Vista Activation

Holy *Eek! Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium :eek:! 1100pts from going to SP1? That's awesome! I can't wait until this weekend! *Big Grin Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium :D

DanishDevil, May 21, 2023
  4. Darksaber Win User

Windows Vista Premium requirements

Microsoft has broken down its requirements for the Windows Vista logo program into two categories: Basic and Premium. To get the Premium logo the PC has to have the following requirements:
    • Must have H.264 hardware decoding
    • Must have HDCP
    • Must support multi-monitor support
    • Must have HD audio
    • Must have HD audio jack presence detection
    • Must have Serial ATA 2.5
    • Must have minimum of 50MB NV cache on hybrid HD's with at least 8MB/sec write 16MB/sec read (for mobile only)
    • Must support booting from USB flash drives
    • Must have Windows Vista Green Button on all remotes
    • Must have Green Driver Quality Rating (DQR)
    The hybrid HD is only required by notebooks. Well It seems my PC is not Windows Vista Premium logo compliant.

Source: DailyTech

Darksaber, May 21, 2023
Thema:

1. Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium - Similar Threads - Activating Vista Home

2. Windows Vista home basic activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista home basic activation: I am having trouble activating windows vista on one of my devices. I haven’t used it in a while and now it’s asking me to activate windows, I have tried using the code on the device afterwords it tried to activate but gave me an error code...
  3. Windows Vista home basic activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista home basic activation: I am having trouble activating windows vista on one of my devices. I haven’t used it in a while and now it’s asking me to activate windows, I have tried using the code on the device afterwords it tried to activate but gave me an error code...
  4. Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium: I have a Windows Vista Home premium key, that when Win7 was release, I update to it. When Win10 came out same thing, no issues. Now, had problems with my hard drive and had to re-install and activate Win10. I went to a MCP here in the city I live in Germany, and problem...
  5. Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with Windows Vista Home Premium: I have a Windows Vista Home premium key, that when Win7 was release, I update to it. When Win10 came out same thing, no issues. Now, had problems with my hard drive and had to re-install and activate Win10. I went to a MCP here in the city I live in Germany, and problem...
  6. can i get windows vista premium home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i get windows vista premium home: i am fixing another laptop a dell inspiron 1525 and i put windows 10 but dell does not support it so i cant get the driver updates the laptop originally had vista so i have product key i nned to download it to a bootable flash drive to install on the dell can anyone please...
  7. can i get windows vista premium home

can i get windows vista premium home: i am fixing another laptop a dell inspiron 1525 and i put windows 10 but dell does not support it so i cant get the driver updates the laptop originally had vista so i have product key i nned to download it to a bootable flash drive to install on the dell can anyone please...
  8. Unable to do RDP to windows vista home premium PC

Unable to do RDP to windows vista home premium PC: Hi Team,I am unable to do Remote Desktop connection to windows vista home premium PC. Could you please assist on this?So far followed steps is enabling the Vista PC the RDP settings where the I have ticked the checkbox for "allow other computers to access it".Thanks Treesa...
  9. Windows 7 Home Premium activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Home Premium activation: Hi,today I installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my old laptop after previously having Linux Ubuntu on it and I am having trouble activating it. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed and I located product key but when I try to activating it with that product key I...
  10. Upgrading Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 10 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 10 Home Premium: I've been trying to update an HP Pavilion Slimline computer from the Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 10 Home Premium. The computer hardware exceeds all of the requirements for Windows 10. I thought it would be straight forward. P.S. I have 40 years of technology...