Windows 10: Activating Windows After Hardware Switch

Discus and support Activating Windows After Hardware Switch in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Today I switched out my motherboard and processor in my PC, but when I finally got it booted windows wasn't activated. I clicked on Troubleshoot and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JustinLopez1, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Activating Windows After Hardware Switch

Today I switched out my motherboard and processor in my PC, but when I finally got it booted windows wasn't activated. I clicked on Troubleshoot and it responds with "We were not able to activate windows on this device." I've tried typing in my Product Key in the "Change Product Key", but it says the key is not valid, even though its the exact key I used to activate windows when I first built this PC. Please help.

:)

JustinLopez1, Jun 18, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 18, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Activating Windows After Hardware Switch

Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.
    Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

TobiasPreston, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Activating Windows After Hardware Switch

1. Activating Windows After Hardware Switch - Similar Threads - Activating Hardware Switch

2. Windows activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after hardware change: I changed my motherboard and now I cannot activate windows. I had set up a digital license with my Microsoft account in preparation for the motherboard change. After getting the new motherboard up and running I attempted to activate Windows. I went through the steps in the...
  3. Activating Windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows after changing hardware: Can't activate Windows after changing hardwareError code: 0xC004F213Problem: The computer was stolen due to the occupation of the Kyiv region from the 24th. They made headquarters out of my apartment.Just now managed to assemble a newBut the system does not want to activate...
  4. Activating Windows after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows after changing hardware: Can't activate Windows after changing hardwareError code: 0xC004F213Problem: The computer was stolen due to the occupation of the Kyiv region from the 24th. They made headquarters out of my apartment.Just now managed to assemble a newBut the system does not want to activate...
  5. Can't reactivate windows after hardware switch

Can't reactivate windows after hardware switch: I took out my ssd in order to do a little cable management, and now I can't reactivate windows. When I try to use the "I recently changed my hardware" option in the activation troubleshoot, it says that there are no devices that I can recover from. I don't remember ever...
  6. Windows 10 activation after switching hardware

Windows 10 activation after switching hardware: Hi. I just got a new computer and I moved my ssd to it and now windows is not activated. On my previous computer windows was activated using a digital license that is linked to my Microsoft account. When I go to the activation troubleshooter and click I changed hardware...
  7. 0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware

0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware: 0xC004F213 error on activation after switching to a new hardware. I just installed a new M.2 SSD on a new pc. Previously had some problems on the pc so i installed the windwos on an old SSD and then after figuring out the problem just reinstalled on the new M.2 NVME SSD. Now...
  8. Windows activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after hardware change: I recently replaced my old motherboard with a new one, not knowing i had to link my windows 10 license with my Microsoft account. I am unable to get it back, and have tried a spare key i have, but always get an error when trying to activate it - 0x80041023....
  9. Windows activation after hardware change.

Windows activation after hardware change.: Hi, so I am trying to activate windows after a hardware exchange. I acquired windows 10 with the free update few years back but now it wants a product key from me. I tried the troubleshoot button and it just says that I should be connected to the internet which I am. How do...
  10. windows not activating after hardware change

windows not activating after hardware change: Hello Internet! My name is Andrew Covington. I am a gamer that has recently gotten into the pc building world. I have a lot of experience with technology, and consider myself to be a pretty knowledgeable person in that area. Recently, I purchased a new motherboard, CPU,...