Windows 10: Activating windows defender by group policy

Discus and support Activating windows defender by group policy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! can you please tell me how to activate windows defender, it is asking me for some type of group policy. please tell me how to activate with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Abd-ul-Rehman Amjad, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Activating windows defender by group policy

Hello! can you please tell me how to activate windows defender, it is asking me for some type of group policy. please tell me how to activate with group policy because it is very important becausei do not have any other anti-virus software

IT WORKED PROPERLY IN THE PAST

:)

Abd-ul-Rehman Amjad, Jan 14, 2021

2. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Celsiuss Win User
    Windows Defender group policy disabled and WIndows Defender is not listed in group policy

Ok, I got the message that Windows Defender is disabled by group policy, No big deal, I do a quick search and find where the I can enable it. But Windows Defender is not listed in the group policy. And yes, I am 100% sure about this.

This happened when a shady program got into my PC, it messed things up, but I am mostly back on track, except for Windows Defender.

Celsiuss, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Activating windows defender by group policy

windows defender is blocked by group policy

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with Window Defender is blocked by Group policy on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “CJ. Eichholz” replied on November 20, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Windows Defender is off due to group policy (Windows 10)

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Activating windows defender by group policy

1. Activating windows defender by group policy - Similar Threads - Activating defender group

2. windows defender antivirus not showing in group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender antivirus not showing in group policy: In group policy when i expand windows comppnents i didn't find windows defender antivirus, just there are windows defender SmartScreen as in attach picturehttps://www8.0zz0.com/2021/12/23/10/576855622.jpg [ATTACH]...
  3. windows defender antivirus not showing in group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender antivirus not showing in group policy: In group policy when i expand windows comppnents i didn't find windows defender antivirus, just there are windows defender SmartScreen as in attach picturehttps://www8.0zz0.com/2021/12/23/10/576855622.jpg [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows Defender blocked by Group Policy

Windows Defender blocked by Group Policy: HI Wonder if you could help I have windows 8 and I am trying to put back on Window Defender to protect my pc from any viruses. The error message I get is THIS PROGRAM IS BLOCKED BY GROUP POLICY. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR.I just would like to...
  5. window defender turns off by group policy

window defender turns off by group policy: i really want help because i unable to turn on window defender which shows turnoff by group policy plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-turns-off-by-group-policy/05d50a9e-c7ec-46ed-9331-5d9b3ecbea67
  6. windows defender turn off by group policy:

windows defender turn off by group policy:: how can I on my windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turn-off-by-group-policy/2491d75a-40f4-48ad-9af2-60106a7cb07b
  7. Windows Defender Managed by Group Policy

Windows Defender Managed by Group Policy: my windows defender is being closed according to group policy what is it and how can i open it? plz help [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-managed-by-group-policy/089609b9-2735-4d45-925d-e0c80def3e2a
  8. WINDOWS DEFENDER "GROUP POLICY"??

WINDOWS DEFENDER "GROUP POLICY"??: Windows defender wont turn on "to allow this app to run must contact security administrator to enable program via group policy" first i thought it was because i had McAfee installed on my computer but after totally uninstalled still giving same message when attempt to turn...
  9. Defender turned off in group policy

Defender turned off in group policy: defender is currently off and when i try to turn on it says its set off in group policy. I am not sure how this happened but i cant turn it on again. gpedit isnt available on my home version of windows so how did it get turned off in the first place? 66403
  10. Windows Defender Group Policies

Windows Defender Group Policies: I am running Windows 10 (AU) 1607, and under the Windows Defender Group Policy setting I had set the Send File Samples when Further Analysis is Required to be SEND SAFE SAMPLES. What is the difference between Send Safe Samples and Send All Samples? Thanks in advance...