Windows 10: Activating Windows from Non-Genuine Version

Discus and support Activating Windows from Non-Genuine Version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a PC and it didn't come with Windows already activated, I was told to just buy a product key online and activate that way. I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sam_1994, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Sam_1994 Win User

Activating Windows from Non-Genuine Version

Hi,

I bought a PC and it didn't come with Windows already activated, I was told to just buy a product key online and activate that way. I wanted to make sure I did the correct thing here, I wanted to buy Windows 10 Home edition. As it is currently a non activated Windows 10 Pro Edition I was wondering if this would affect me trying to activate it with a Home key? I haven't bought a product key yet just wanting to ensure it is possible to simply enter a Windows Home edition product key and it would just change editions.

Thanks.

:)

Sam_1994, Jul 19, 2020

2. Go genuine from non genuine version.

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to go genuine after already upgrading to a non genuine version of Win10? Like if I have a non genuine windows 8 and then upgrade, windows 10 will then also be non genuine but can I then buy a licence and go genuine?

Brandondu Toit, Jul 19, 2020
  3. warup89 Win User
    Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Activating Windows from Non-Genuine Version

Unchecked upgradation to Windows 10 by non-genuine users!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What exactly you mean when you say “their windows activated by using activators”?
    Though the non-genuine users were able to upgrade to Windows 10, they may face activation issues.

I suggest you to share your thoughts using the feedback app.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to asssit you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Activating Windows from Non-Genuine Version

1. Activating Windows from Non-Genuine Version - Similar Threads - Activating Non Genuine

2. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home: When I built my PC 4 years ago, I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft's website but never purchased an activation key. This leaves me without administrator's privileges. I have more $ these days and I want to be legit, so I bought an activation code and entered the product...
  3. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home: When I built my PC 4 years ago, I downloaded windows 10 from Microsoft's website but never purchased an activation key. This leaves me without administrator's privileges. I have more $ these days and I want to be legit, so I bought an activation code and entered the product...
  4. Activating non-genuine Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  6. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  7. Non-Genuine Windows

8. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy: I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt...
  9. Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows: so I have non-genuine windows if I upgrade to genuine windows will I keep all my old files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-non-genuine-windows-to-genuine/c39c0ba5-d93b-44cc-898e-63e683dcb99c
  10. Does a non-genuin version of Windows cause popups?

Does a non-genuin version of Windows cause popups?: Hello, I restored one of my machines to an image made from an identical PC using acronis so my volume license was removed. I am having trouble activating my extra copy of windows 10 for workstations on it and it's VERY urgent that i get this machine running smoothly. My...