Windows 10: Activating windows insider preview after hardware changes

Discus and support Activating windows insider preview after hardware changes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I just changed my components (upgraded my motherboard, processor and SSD) and downloaded the latest insider preview asuming that with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Fedaykinn, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Fedaykinn Win User

Activating windows insider preview after hardware changes

Hello,

I just changed my components (upgraded my motherboard, processor and SSD) and downloaded the latest insider preview asuming that with my windows account it would activate fine, but after I installed everything, it tells me I cannot activate windows and need to purchase a new copy.

I ran the troubleshooter, including the part where it tells me hardware changes, but nothing.

Is this correct? Does my insider account not save my windows previous installation and allow me to run an upgraded machine?

:)

Fedaykinn, Apr 25, 2019

2. Cannot Active Insider Preview Program After Reinstall

Hi,

Failure to activate the Insider Build Preview can be caused by a change on your device configuration or a possible corrupted component. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? You can type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify the build.
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

In addition, we suggest that you check the Feedback Hub for related submission regarding the builds that were affected by some activation reported issue. Confirm if the build that you're trying to activate is one of the affected
    builds and check the comment section for suggested solution.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 25, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Activating windows insider preview after hardware changes - Similar Threads - Activating insider preview

2. Windows activation after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation after hardware change.: I have upgraded my PC hardware and can now not activate my windows. When I click on "I have changed my hardware" I am prompted to enter the product key. After entering the product key I am met with the error "Unable to activate Windows We can't reactivate Windows as our...
  3. windows activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation after hardware change: i recently changed hardware to a new cpu the first motherboard i installed had usb and other issues so changed to a gigabyte board , i had reactivated windows on the dodgy asus board and when i went to reactivate again on the gigabyte board it wouldnt allow it saying it had...
  4. WIndows Activation After Changing Hardware

WIndows Activation After Changing Hardware: Hi there, I'm just after some advice, I recently changed the motherboard and CPU hardware in my pc and logged into my Microsoft account and it has popped up to tell me to activate windows, I haven't got the product code only the ID for the edition of Windows 10 pro, I...
  5. Windows activation after hardware change

Windows activation after hardware change: Hi, I recently changed motherboard, CPU and RAM and ended up with the "Activate Windows" message... Troubleshooting did not resolve and inputting the original key led showed the following error code: 0xc004c060 The installation pack is genuine, and i had it installed for...
  6. Windows activation after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows activation after changing hardware: Recently I changed my motherboard, CPU, and RAM. I didn't know I had to save my product key before, and thought it wouldve saved onto my account, what do I do to reactivate it without buying another key? submitted by /u/angrypintobean [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Activation after hardware change

Windows Activation after hardware change: I have just changed my motherboard, cpu and ram in my pc and when i loaded up i have the Activate Windows message in the bottom of my screen. Prior to upgrading i had full version of windows 10 and it wont let me troubleshoot it in settings. I do not have a windows activation...
  8. Windows Insider Preview Activation

Windows Insider Preview Activation: Hey, I'm hoping this is the best place to post this. I was part of the original insider preview development cycle 2014? for Windows 10 which I had installed on a new desktop I built. I vaguely remember at the time that for anyone who was part of pre-release of the original...
  9. Windows Insider preview Activation

Windows Insider preview Activation: I am a windows Insider using windows Insider Preview of windows 10 on a system where windows 10 was not installed. It is telling me to activate Windows where using of these builds was free and it is also not letting me personalise Windows. This is preventing me to check new...
  10. windows not activating after hardware change

windows not activating after hardware change: hi I have upgraded my motherboard from msi to asus prime b450-plus and the cpu has changed from fx8350 to ryzen 2700x and now my copy of windows is not activating can you help ?...