Windows 10: Activating Windows on a new computer build

Discus and support Activating Windows on a new computer build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently about to build a new computer using the gpu and psu of my old one and replacing all of the parts. My current computer has windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EmeraldEspeon, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Activating Windows on a new computer build

I am currently about to build a new computer using the gpu and psu of my old one and replacing all of the parts. My current computer has windows activated through a digital license which was received through the free update to windows 10 after using a windows 7 product key. I no longer have the product key but do have the digital license tied to my account. If I were to use a usb to install windows on my new computer how could I activate it using this digital license?

:)

EmeraldEspeon, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Activating Windows on a new computer build

1. Activating Windows on a new computer build - Similar Threads - Activating computer build

2. new computer build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new computer build: can i put my existing hard drive with win 10 on a new computer build https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-build/5b16ff02-4555-4139-9664-8e5af6ca70fc
  3. Activation Windows 10 New Build

Activation Windows 10 New Build: I built a new pc with all new parts. My old pc has a retail key. I uninstalled the key correctly on the old computer, no problem. The build went awesome by the way my first time. When I went through the media tool installation process it took my key so I didn't think anything...
  4. Building a new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Building a new computer: Hello! I currently have Windows 10 Pro on my PC, building a new computer from scratch tomorrow and I have the installer on a USB key. How can I re-use my key? Is that possible? Thanks! submitted by /u/MSK13 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows Activation on a new build

Windows Activation on a new build: Sorry in advance if I'm getting redundant, just want to get everything right. I was preparing for a new build and the plan to give my son the old computer. I asked the community how it would work with the activation and received prompt responses. So in preparation I...
  6. Activating Windows on a New PC Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows on a New PC Build: Hello, I am building a new computer from scratch and will not be reusing any of my old parts. I currently have Windows 10 Home installed on my SSD and it is currently linked to my Microsoft account. Am I able to use my account to activate Windows on my new computer, or is...
  7. Win10 pro activation after building new computer

Win10 pro activation after building new computer: Hi all I have purchase win 10 licence very long time ago and lost the email with activation key. Every time I have reinstalled win it activated itself. Few month back I have build new PC motherboard, video, the lot and installed win and to my surprise it did not activated. I...
  8. Activating Windows 10 new build

Activating Windows 10 new build: So I have a new pc build and try to activate Windows 10 pro (digital license) from a SSD of my previous build. I can't activate it (see pic 1) If i use the troubleshoot option, i get an error (see pic 2 in comments) Can anyone help me out? [ATTACH]...
  9. Building new computer, but lost windows 10 activation code

Building new computer, but lost windows 10 activation code: Recently I've been thinking of building a new pc and so I have started doing that. I bought a windows 10 code from a third party website but could not find it in my e-mail. Asking if there is anything I can do....
  10. Windows 10 Activation on new Build

Windows 10 Activation on new Build: Hope I'm right, log on to my Microsoft Account so now they have my key right? Building new machine with new board and cpu, if I read right I load new windows10 on new build then log into my Microsoft account for new hardware change? The machine I have now has a digital key....