Windows 10: Activating Windows on multiple imported VMs - proof of theory

Discus and support Activating Windows on multiple imported VMs - proof of theory in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; So I just completed an experiment and did get the results I expected. 1. I created a VM in Hyper-V on an Intel laptop. I did not attach any drives to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by NavyLCDR, Jul 8, 2021.

1. NavyLCDR Win User

Activating Windows on multiple imported VMs - proof of theory

So I just completed an experiment and did get the results I expected. 1. I created a VM in Hyper-V on an Intel laptop. I did not attach any drives to the VM. 2. I exported the VM from the laptop and imported it in Hyper-V on an AMD desktop computer. 3. Then I attached VDisks to each VM, on the laptop I installed Windows 10 Pro with the generic product key. On the desktop I installed Windows 11 with the generic product key. I signed in to both with a local account only. 4. I checked activation of both VMs and neither VM was activated. 5. I activated the Windows 11 VM on the desktop computer by entering a Windows 8 Pro product key. 6. On the Windows 10 on the laptop VM, I ran slmgr /ato (online automatic activation). It activated with no change in product key.

:)

NavyLCDR, Jul 8, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

So I just completed an experiment and did get the results I expected.

1. I created a VM in Hyper-V on an Intel laptop. I did not attach any drives to the VM.
    2. I exported the VM from the laptop and imported it in Hyper-V on an AMD desktop computer.
    3. Then I attached VDisks to each VM, on the laptop I installed Windows 10 Pro with the generic product key. On the desktop I installed Windows 11 with the generic product key. I signed in to both with a local account only.
    4. I checked activation of both VMs and neither VM was activated.
    5. I activated the Windows 11 VM on the desktop computer by entering a Windows 8 Pro product key.
    6. On the Windows 10 on the laptop VM, I ran slmgr /ato (online automatic activation). It activated with no change in product key.

NavyLCDR, Jul 8, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User

The VM copied to new pc will have same hardware ID as version on original PC. Due to way W10/11 licences are tied to hardware id, the MS Servers cannot tell difference of vm being on one pc or another. So once one is activated, you can activate other.

Of course, this is not legal.

cereberus, Jul 8, 2021
  4. MMO77 Win User

Windows 10 VM activation

Hi,

I am trying to setup two Windows 10 vms for test purposes on Ovirt virtualization cluster. (Windows 10 Pro with MAK key from visual studio (MSDN) subscription).

Activation of the first vm encountered no problem, but activation of the second one failed. I have tried to setup second vm by all available means (by cloning from the first one with or without sysprep, from activated state or from clean installed snapshot,
    by installing second vm from scratch, etc.). All are with the same results: The last product key you entered XXXXX can't be used on this copy of Windows (0xC0EA0003).

Is it possible to have several Win 10 vms on the same hypervisor, activated with MAK key?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

MMO77, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Activating Windows on multiple imported VMs - proof of theory - Similar Threads - Activating multiple imported

2. Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record: Hi there, I've got a situation where 3 VMware VMs of Windows10 are using the same device record in Endpoint Manager. The 2nd and 3rd VMs were duplicates of the original so I'm assuming that's how it ended up this way. If I search for the devices using their computer names I...
  3. Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple VMs using the same Endpoint Manager device record: Hi there, I've got a situation where 3 VMware VMs of Windows10 are using the same device record in Endpoint Manager. The 2nd and 3rd VMs were duplicates of the original so I'm assuming that's how it ended up this way. If I search for the devices using their computer names I...
  4. Unable to activate $140 W10 Home pics for proof

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate $140 W10 Home pics for proof: Apparently Amazon , not third party Amazon is peddling bogus license keys. And on top of that it's claiming it's been bought twice, yet only reflects the single purchase with the one key which fails to activate btw, shocker..Am going to call now but ****. I intentionally made...
  5. proofing in mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    proofing in mail: Hello, I regularly write emails in different languages and would like to have proofing for the different languages each time as well. Is there a way to quickly change between the different languages for the proofing? I already downloaded my preferred languages in the...
  6. Senior proofing a laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Senior proofing a laptop?: Hi! I have an old laptop I’m planning on giving to my 76 year old father. Any tips on how to set it up for him? Would it be possibly to have the laptop close automatically at a certain time? (He will stay up until 5 am watching YouTube videos. I would rather not have to take...
  7. Multiple Active Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Active Windows: Does anyone know of an app or way to control two or more windows at the same time? I was trying to play a game with two controllers on a windows 10 pc. I had two windows open and assumed that one controller could control each window only to find out that you can only focus...
  8. have to activate windows again (have proof)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    have to activate windows again (have proof): so I recently reset my bios (by removing the cmos battery) and now windows says I have to activate again some time ago I posted some feed back to the feedback hub where it is visible that I have already activated, though I can't seem to access that I already tried the...
  9. Diarium Proofing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diarium Proofing: I originally had proofing on my Right Click on the mouse buit since I changed color scheme it has disappeared. I have checked my Microsoft Word Proofing and all is ok so is the app not recognising the proofing due to code error when having changed color scheme ?...
  10. The Windows 10 Theme Theory

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Windows 10 Theme Theory: I have noticed something recently. Look at the original windows logo, how many colors are there? 4, blue, red, green, and yellow. Look at the windows 10 Threshold update Logo and Background and Theme. The main color is BLUE. Look at the windows 10 Redstone update Logo...