Windows 10: Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.

Discus and support Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to activate my new laptop with a Windows 10 Pro license key from another computer. The other computer has two licenses, one home, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrIndeed, Sep 21, 2018.

1. MrIndeed Win User

Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.

Hi,

I am trying to activate my new laptop with a Windows 10 Pro license key from another computer. The other computer has two licenses, one home, and one pro.

I got the pro license free from Microsoft because I was in the insider program during the early preview builds.

That computer doesn't have a pro license key. ShowKeyPlus shows it using a Generic Windows 10 Pro license key, VK7G-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T.

When I was upgrading the laptop to Windows 10 Pro, I couldn't use the generic key above as it wouldn't work. I had to use another Window 10 Pro generic key.

The computer with the Windows 10 Pro license key is activated by 'Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account'.

When I select, 'I recently changed hardware on this device', I get this window that shows my computer, but it doesn't show my new laptop.

Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer. [​IMG]

Can I get the laptop to activate with the pro license key?

The computer is deactivated.

Thank you.

:)

MrIndeed, Sep 21, 2018
  2. tigger Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Sep 21, 2018
  3. FX-GMC Win User

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Sep 21, 2018
  4. tigger Win User

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer. - Similar Threads - Activating Pro Product

2. Windows 10 Pro Product Key Will Not Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key Will Not Activate: Hi!I'm currently in the process of setting up my new laptop. This laptop comes with Windows 10 Home edition installed onto it out of the box, however I replaced the included nvme with my own two and went ahead and installed Windows 10 Pro N - an edition I use whenever I...
  3. Activating Windows With A Key From Another PC

Activating Windows With A Key From Another PC: Hello,I was wondering , is it possible to deactivate windows on my laptop ive had it for some time now and activate Windows on my current new pc. Ive been told that you can't transfer activated windows that you got for free, but does this still apply for a laptop that I...
  4. Transfer of windows activation key to another computer

Transfer of windows activation key to another computer: Hello, I bought my Dell laptop with preinstalled windows 8 back in 2015 and even in the first day I upgraded it to windows 10 for free. My question is if I can transfer my activation key to another computer? Regards...
  5. How can I move a Windows Pro product key from one computer to another?

How can I move a Windows Pro product key from one computer to another?: I recently bought the Windows Pro product key so I could upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro. I activated that key on computer A. But, that computer is having problems so I bought computer B, which has Windows Homes. Because the product key is only good on one computer, how...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 product key to another computer

Transfer Windows 10 product key to another computer: Mother board of my laptop is not working. I want to buy a new laptop without OS and want to transfer my existing Windows 10 product code to that laptop. The problem is, I cannot reach the product code as the computer is not working. I can remove the HDD, connect it as an...
  7. windows 10 pro activation product key

windows 10 pro activation product key: I have windows 10 home as the product key on my laptop but want to install windows 10 pro so I can access remote desktop from work. When I put code in it says it is incorrect with error code Oxc004f050....
  8. Transfer windows Pro key to another computer

Transfer windows Pro key to another computer: I have a tablet with Windows 10 pro on it and I don't use that tablet any longer, Is it possible to transfer that pro license to another computer I have that has windows 10 home on it. Just want to Upgrade the home license to Pro....
  9. windows10 pro product key and activate ?

windows10 pro product key and activate ?: hi guys i bought a new dell inspiron laptop 2 years ago with this windows installed on it and all was fine till today it started with the message saying licence will expire soon while my windows says activated on pc properties and i fixed it from a way i found online but...
  10. Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.: Hi, I am trying to activate my new laptop with a Windows 10 Pro license key from another computer. The other computer has two licenses, one home, and one pro. I got the pro license free from Microsoft because I was in the insider program during the early preview builds....