Windows 10: Activating Windows With A Key From Another PC

Discus and support Activating Windows With A Key From Another PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,I was wondering , is it possible to deactivate windows on my laptop ive had it for some time now and activate Windows on my current new pc. Ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dwulko, Jun 19, 2021.

1. dwulko Win User

Activating Windows With A Key From Another PC

Hello,I was wondering , is it possible to deactivate windows on my laptop ive had it for some time now and activate Windows on my current new pc. Ive been told that you can't transfer activated windows that you got for free, but does this still apply for a laptop that I bought at an electronic store with windows already activated?Thanks

:)

dwulko, Jun 19, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 19, 2021
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Activating Windows With A Key From Another PC - Similar Threads - Activating Key Another

2. Is it possible to use the same Windows activation key from another device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to use the same Windows activation key from another device?: I have this Windows 11 computer but I want to activate it because I don't want to pay for another license. My other computer is a Windows 10 and it's already activated....
  3. Windows activation on another pc

Windows activation on another pc: How do i know if i can activate my windows on another computer, after deactivating it on my current one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-on-another-pc/69c49736-ebec-499f-a858-b98c79b3ed6a
  4. Activate windows on another pc

Activate windows on another pc: As my laptop is a bit slower, I considered to use a linux distribution. Windows 10 is not activated on my pc, can I use my laptop's activation code on my pc? My laptop had windows 10 activated when I bought it. Please guide me on how do I do it....
  5. Activation of Windows 10 for Another PC without product key

Activation of Windows 10 for Another PC without product key: Im planning to build a pc and plan on using Windows 10, the downloadable one. But I heard it works for one month before asking for product key for activation. Im planning to download from a laptop onto a flashdrive and boot the pc from usb. Is there anything I can do about...
  6. Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key

Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key: I bought a windows 7 many years ago, and upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. My windows is retail, so as I know I can deactivate and install on another PC. I'm about to replace my computer, but my product key for the old windows 7 is lost in the past. How can I activate...
  7. Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC

Can't activate (transfer) Windows 10 from another PC: When Windows 10 was released I upgraded my old Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. I'd like to transfer that licence to another PC now. I've deactivated the Product Key on the old PC yesterday; today I'm trying to activate that very Product Key on my other PC. But it doesn't work....
  8. Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.

Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.: Hi, I am trying to activate my new laptop with a Windows 10 Pro license key from another computer. The other computer has two licenses, one home, and one pro. I got the pro license free from Microsoft because I was in the insider program during the early preview builds....
  9. Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Activating Windows Pro Product key from another computer.: Hi, I am trying to activate my new laptop with a Windows 10 Pro license key from another computer. The other computer has two licenses, one home, and one pro. I got the pro license free from Microsoft because I was in the insider program during the early preview builds....
  10. Will my activation key work on another PC?

Will my activation key work on another PC?: Hey, So, if i install Windows 10 on a flash drive from my PC and then install it on another. Can I use my activation key to activate Windows again? 70899