Windows 10: Activating windows with Microsoft account

Discus and support Activating windows with Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm a laptop user and I have a Microsoft account and i want to ask that will I be able to activate windows with my Microsoft account if I buy another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mohammedbin tariq, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Activating windows with Microsoft account

I'm a laptop user and I have a Microsoft account and i want to ask that will I be able to activate windows with my Microsoft account if I buy another PC . And by PC I mean a desktop not a laptop

:)

mohammedbin tariq, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Activating windows with Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Activation through Microsoft Account Fails

Just for the record, what account you log in with has no effect on activation. The "Linked to your Microsoft account" is just an optional extra. If you switch to a local account it will just say "activated with a digital license". Switch to a Microsoft account and it will say "activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". You could do a clean install using an account you have never used before and it will still activate. As long as there is a digital license for that device on the activation server matching the installed edition, it will activate. The account used has no bearing on that.

And deleting / removing a device from the list won't affect activation. You just won't see it listed. Reinstall Windows 10 again latter on, on that device and it will be back in the list. That list is just another optional extra.

alphanumeric, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Activating windows with Microsoft account

Microsoft to Revamp Activation System with Windows 9

So... Lost an account - lost everything, huh? Don't like this system much, but I can't really blame Microsoft for doing that as long as it's the most popular way of handling "protected" stuff (Steam is a "good" example).
    There are even few advantages:
    • An access to updated and "personalized" ISOs (for example, purchasing Windows 8 will give you Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 Update when they come out). No need to struggle with Windows ADK anymore.
    • Easy way of "unbinding" your license if you don't need it on your current (running) system and wish to install it on another machine.

Constantine Yevseyev, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Activating windows with Microsoft account

1. Activating windows with Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Activating Microsoft account

2. Windows retail activation with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows retail activation with microsoft account: Hello, i have a question. I bought a retail windows 10 pro license and added to my one of my three devices. That device laptop 1 was the first i activated windows with the retail license and then make a windows account and linked my digital license. Then i bought my second...
  3. Windows retail activation with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows retail activation with microsoft account: Hello, i have a question. I bought a retail windows 10 pro license and added to my one of my three devices. That device laptop 1 was the first i activated windows with the retail license and then make a windows account and linked my digital license. Then i bought my second...
  4. Windows retail activation with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my activated windows Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my activated windows Microsoft account: If I have activated windows 11 on my laptop will it transfer along with my Microsoft account to a freshly new built computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-activated-windows-microsoft-account/5f6a9e49-e5e8-447a-a7e4-746b07350a9e
  6. my activated windows Microsoft account

my activated windows Microsoft account: If I have activated windows 11 on my laptop will it transfer along with my Microsoft account to a freshly new built computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-activated-windows-microsoft-account/5f6a9e49-e5e8-447a-a7e4-746b07350a9e
  7. activation of microsoft account

activation of microsoft account: how can i activate my microsoft account. whenever i tried to reach it i was in vein. they are demanding a key which i dont know how to get it. help me plz......
  8. Microsoft Account Activation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account Activation.: Hi,I am facing a problem with my Windows 10 Pro.I am getting a warning from Microsoft to activate my account as my license will expire soon.For your kind information I am now using a Microsoft account to run this PC and in my account setting it is found at activation that...
  9. Active Windows 10 by Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Active Windows 10 by Microsoft account: Hi I am hamza I am have windows 7 but is not working I went update it to windows 10 but I not have my product key of windows. My question is I can update windows 7 to 10 without product key? And my other question is I can active windows 10 by Microsoft account?...
  10. Microsoft account activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account activation: I’ve installed Windows 10 pro on my PC. I have Microsoft account on this machine but it shows digital activation but doesn’t want to take Microsoft login. Can you help me?...