Windows 10: Activating without reinstallation

Discus and support Activating without reinstallation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Built a pc a while ago and used the media tool to install w10 pro without a product key. If I buy it from the Microsoft store, can I just use the key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SilentAcoustic, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Activating without reinstallation

Built a pc a while ago and used the media tool to install w10 pro without a product key. If I buy it from the Microsoft store, can I just use the key from that, assuming they email it to me, to activate the windows I already use instead of reinstalling it completely?

submitted by /u/SilentAcoustic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SilentAcoustic, Jan 27, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 27, 2021
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 27, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Activating without reinstallation

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Activating without reinstallation :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Activating without reinstallation

1. Activating without reinstallation - Similar Threads - Activating without reinstallation

2. Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation: We bought a laptop for a worker in our company. And he signed in with his private email.He left the company so we need to reinstall the windows 10 to master clean the laptop.In the activation section it says Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  3. Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.: What i meen its to delete all files on pc without the windows files. submitted by /u/bmihai358 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/motdri/can_you_reinstal_windows_without_reinstaling/
  4. How activate windows after reinstall without licence key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How activate windows after reinstall without licence key: My computer was reinstall but is windows is not active. Laptop is in my device list in my microsoft account. i do not have activate licence key, laptop was active from shop. Pls any idea?...
  5. Can you un-activate windows without reinstalling

Can you un-activate windows without reinstalling: Hi, I bought a computer and I let my friend set it up, and he installed me a cracked version of windows. I bought a legit copy now, and I wanted to know if there is a way to un-activate it without reinstalling....
  6. Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?: I have an SSD that I use to install any and all programs that let me choose the install location. Is there any way I don't have to reinstall those programs? or would I have to, so that keys are made in the registry? If I still have to reinstall all my programs, could I just...
  7. Reinstallation & Activation

Reinstallation & Activation: Here is the thing. I got a brand new laptop in 2018 with preinstalled "Windows 10 Pro Education" by the Local Government. I logged in my Microsoft account and the windows was activated. The status right now is "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  8. Reinstall & Activation

Reinstall & Activation: I have purchased a new device for about a year and a half and problems with the performance of a device I want to delete Windows 10 and reinstall it again But unfortunately I do not have the product key to reactivate Windows 10 again When I delete and install Windows 10 again...
  9. Reinstall not activating

Reinstall not activating: I have a machine I use for a lot of playing around. I reinstalled Windows 10 and it will not reactivate. I have no idea what the original hardware configuration was when it was first activated, but I did log in using my Windows ID, as well as take photos of the previous...
  10. Reinstall/Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall/Activation: Before i say "Go for it", did you try to reboot in "safe mode"? Can you safe any data he has downloaded previously? Did you try to find any thread here with a similar situation like yours? If you try all that i ask, and if you are sure that it will work, then nothing is...