Windows 10: Activation After Change of Hard Drive

Discus and support Activation After Change of Hard Drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just purchased a new SSD hard drive for my PC and have successfully created a boot DVD using the Media Creation Tool. I am about to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Neale Robertson, May 25, 2021.

1. Activation After Change of Hard Drive

I have just purchased a new SSD hard drive for my PC and have successfully created a boot DVD using the Media Creation Tool. I am about to install Windows 10 Pro to my aging Dell Vostro 430. Under "Activation" in "Settings" it states "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". I

:)

Neale Robertson, May 25, 2021

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 25, 2021
  3. alx10mgmg Win User
    Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration

Here is the result. I appreciate you going through step by step with me.

Activation After Change of Hard Drive [​IMG]

When selecting List, the filesystem still seems damaged.

Activation After Change of Hard Drive [​IMG]

alx10mgmg, May 25, 2021
  4. Activation After Change of Hard Drive

little cat, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Activation After Change of Hard Drive

1. Activation After Change of Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Activation Change Hard

2. Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive: I want to change my hard disk as it is low on storage. I am using a Windows 10 Home. Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299.I already have activated windows 10 on my new hard drive but I am not sure which version. .After changing the hard drive should I activate windows again on...
  3. Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive: I want to change my hard disk as it is low on storage. I am using a Windows 10 Home. Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299.I already have activated windows 10 on my new hard drive but I am not sure which version. .After changing the hard drive should I activate windows again on...
  4. Activation of Windows After Change of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Activate Windows 11 after changing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 11 after changing hard drive: Hello all:I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled. Recently, I had a problem with the hard drive on this laptop and took the machine to a shop, where they installed a new hard drive on my machine the former HD is still installed on the machine as an extra drive, but...
  6. Activate Windows 11 after changing hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows 11 after changing hard drive: Hello all:I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled. Recently, I had a problem with the hard drive on this laptop and took the machine to a shop, where they installed a new hard drive on my machine the former HD is still installed on the machine as an extra drive, but...
  7. Windows Activation after hard drive change

Windows Activation after hard drive change: I've recently changed out my SSD and reinstalled Windows on the new one. Ever since I have troubles with activating Windows. When I choose the troubleshoot option, then choose "I recently changed hardware on this device" I always get the message "Unable to activate Windows We...
  8. Windows 10 activation after changing hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 activation after changing hard drive: The hard drive broke down a few months ago.This PC had a license bound to this PC. I gave the PC to the service center and they changed the hard drive. Since that moment I have been facing issues with Windows activation - the system requires that I activate the Windows 10...
  9. Activation after hardware change Motherboard + hard drive

Activation after hardware change Motherboard + hard drive: Trying to Activate windows 10 after motherboard and hard drive change Kept getting “unable to activate message” after trying several times. So, went into my Microsoft account and found I had 2 computers listed i.e. my old motherboards and my new motherboard so seeing that...
  10. Windows activation - changing hard drives

Windows activation - changing hard drives: Hi I'm considering changing my boot drive, currently a standard drive for and SSD and then reinstalling Windows on it. Will that have an affect on Windows reactivating on my computer due to a hardware change? My current install was from the free updates some while back....