Windows 10: Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro)

Discus and support Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded from 7 to 10 quite a while ago. Everything was fine for over a year and now i've upgraded some hardware and suddenly my windows required... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GavinByrne2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro)

I upgraded from 7 to 10 quite a while ago. Everything was fine for over a year and now i've upgraded some hardware and suddenly my windows required activation but notning works.

How can I resolve this?

:)

GavinByrne2, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Kolby65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Mar 11, 2019
  3. _rwhite_ Win User
    Windows 8 Pro Retail => Windows 10 Pro (Free upgrade) Fails Activation after hardware change

Hi,

I bought 2 retail licenses (one for my desktop and one for my laptop) for Windows 8 several years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 (via the free upgrade). Recently I had to change some hardware (motherboard) and I get the following error code when trying to
    activate Windows: 0xC004C003.

I have tried the following, all of which have failed.

1. Troubeshoot -> I recently changed hardware on this device (I can only see my Laptop License and not my desktop)
    2. Provided the Installation ID (via phone helpdesk) on two occasions.
    First help desk technician suggested I buy a new Windows License and the second suggested I reinstall and use Windows 8. Both suggestions from help desk are ridiculous.

How do I proceed without having to:

1. Pay for a license I should technically already have
    2. Downgrade back to Windows 8 (loose time / data)

_rwhite_, Mar 11, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro)

Win 10 Pro OEM activation issue

Hello Larry,

Significant hardware changes such as replacing your hard drive or motherboard may lead to issues in activating Windows 10. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate resolution, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Did Windows 10 Pro came pre-installed with your computer?
    • Do you have the Windows 10 Pro installation disc available?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to key in your activation code?
    • Were there any significant hard ware changes done on your computer?
    • What were the exact troubleshooting steps you and the MS support teams have tried?

As an initial recommendation, you may check on this article and follow the steps provided to run the Activation troubleshooter:
    Using the Activation troubleshooter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro)

1. Activation after hardware change failed (win 10 pro) - Similar Threads - Activation hardware change

2. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change: I switched my hard drive for one of those new shiny SSDs. Little did I know that MS needs to be informed before such a change. Now windows is no longer activated and won't reactivate through my account. I do I get windows activated again? Nothing I've seen on the web pages...
  3. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change: I switched my hard drive for one of those new shiny SSDs. Little did I know that MS needs to be informed before such a change. Now windows is no longer activated and won't reactivate through my account. I do I get windows activated again? Nothing I've seen on the web pages...
  4. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 10 activation after hardware change

Win 10 activation after hardware change: What i need to do afer changing motherboard and processor to get rid of error 0xC004F211?I used Troubleshoot tool, but the output was "We werent able to activate Windows on this device", then i pressed "I recently changed hardware on this device" and got that:"Unable to...
  6. Win 10 activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 activation after hardware change: What i need to do afer changing motherboard and processor to get rid of error 0xC004F211?I used Troubleshoot tool, but the output was "We werent able to activate Windows on this device", then i pressed "I recently changed hardware on this device" and got that:"Unable to...
  7. Win 10 activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. win 10 activation after hardware change

win 10 activation after hardware change: Hello, Upgraded my PC for Christmas, everything new, except SSD HD, created a USB repair stick from SSD to load a new larger HD, installed fine but will not activate, originally had win 7 family pack and did the free win 10 upgrade, tried changing the key using the...
  9. Win 10 activation after hardware changes.

Win 10 activation after hardware changes.: I have two Windows 10 Pro machines. One was an HP Pavilion Slimline S3714UK, 4GB RAM, E8400 CPU, Nvidia chipset. The other, an HP DC5800SFF, 8GB RAM, E8400, Intel Q33 chipset. Yesterday, I received an HP 600 Pro SFF machine to replace the DC5800 as main box. The 5800 then...
  10. win 10 pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 pro activation after hardware change: I got the free upgrade to 10 from 8 it loaded the pro version. My mother board failed and had to be replaced. On activating it gives a message 0x800700B. It cannot connect to my organizations activating server. I am 78years old I do not have an organization. The product is...