Windows 10: Activation after installing new hardware not working

Discus and support Activation after installing new hardware not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently installed a new motherboard Asus TUF 550-PLUS and CPU Ryzen 9 3900 and all has been well up until now. The "activate windows" popup came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SethLancaster, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Activation after installing new hardware not working

I recently installed a new motherboard Asus TUF 550-PLUS and CPU Ryzen 9 3900 and all has been well up until now.

The "activate windows" popup came up, and I went into settings to try activate it, since I've heard that after making large hardware changes, I might need to reactivate it. I ran the troubleshooter many times, and it did nothing. Received error code 0xC004F211.

No idea what to do to fix it, as I can't find my activation key...

:)

SethLancaster, Dec 23, 2020

2. Activation on new hardware

In the activation troubleshooter, when it detects no problems or gets to the end screen, click "I changed hardware on my PC recently", and select the license that corresponds to your PC. You might need to restart your PC.

orangeturtle197, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Jákku Win User
    Activation on new hardware

I had already completed the troubleshooting steps you have suggested and the process simply ends up with 'Unable to activate windows'. Error message persists.

Jákku, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Activation after installing new hardware not working

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Activation after installing new hardware not working

1. Activation after installing new hardware not working - Similar Threads - Activation installing hardware

2. Activation after installing new hardware.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation after installing new hardware.: so ive recently installed a new motherboard and now windows needs reactivating, ive done this a few times and its been fine. however this time the windows setting menu has decided its going to let me click the link for "troubleshooter" and change product key" but when i do...
  3. Activation after installing new hardware.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation after installing new hardware.: so ive recently installed a new motherboard and now windows needs reactivating, ive done this a few times and its been fine. however this time the windows setting menu has decided its going to let me click the link for "troubleshooter" and change product key" but when i do...
  4. Activation after installing new hardware.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation on new hardware: Bought a digital licence earlier in the year after reading I would be able to transfer that licence to new hardware. Well one PC replacement later and error code 0xC004f213 is popping up. Using the troubleshooter I get as far as choosing this current PC to reactivate and it...
  6. activating windows after hardware install

activating windows after hardware install: I use the troubleshooter as guided too and can see my old build but it wont activate my license. I've tried talking to the bot on here and gives me the option to get a call back then that fails after submitting my phone number....
  7. Activation not working after hardware change

Activation not working after hardware change: Hi. I followed the activation instructions for the hardware change, but activation does not work. I had linked the digital licence to Microsoft account before the hardware change. Now with new parts when I click the "troubleshoot" and "I changed hardware on this product...
  8. unable to activate windows - after new hardware installation

unable to activate windows - after new hardware installation: I put a new motherboard, ram and cpu into my computer and now it says I am unable to activate windows. I go to settings>activation>troubleshoot>I changed hardware on this device recently>I choose my computer from the list>activate and it says "unable to activate windows...
  9. activation after new hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    activation after new hardware: hi, i have a new computer and using my old ssd, i have a 2 different win keys from the older computer (one was on the system and i bought a win professional) i cant activate with them, and i have a new key on the other ssd which was in the new system. how can i get the...
  10. Activation after new hardware upgrades?

Activation after new hardware upgrades?: I have 4 systems to maintain - all had Win7 Ultimate 64bit, and all upgraded (free) to Win10 Pro successfully. Toward the end of this year, all 4 systems will have new motherboards, CPUs, memory and possibly SSDs. I understand that major hardware changes will cause a...