Windows 10: Activation after migration to a new PC.

Discus and support Activation after migration to a new PC. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently got a used computer and moved the hard drive from my old computer into the new one. It worked fine for a day, but then I logged in and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Helpless_4, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Activation after migration to a new PC.

I recently got a used computer and moved the hard drive from my old computer into the new one. It worked fine for a day, but then I logged in and the Activate Windows watermark appeared on the screen. I do not know what the product key is for my copy of Windows, as my old computer was also a used one. My question is, is there any way to reactivate Windows without purchasing a new license?

:)

Helpless_4, Dec 28, 2018

2. migrate to new computer

how t migrate to new pc with window

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate**

Paul Winters strat, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Migration; PC to Mac

I am trying to migrate my files and apps from Windows 10 Pro to a new MacBook Air. Opening the Migration Assistant, following all steps, it comes to a point where it states I must Close WINDOWS MAIL in order to proceed. I have tried everything in the book
    to close or remove this program and it just wont happen. I don't use WINDOWS MAL and never have. No idea what it does. Just know it won't close and allow the migration of my files and programs from my PC to my Mac. How can I get this done???

SkipKraemer, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Activation after migration to a new PC.

migrate office 2013 to new PC

Step 1. If its a single license, first uninstall it on the existing computer.

Step 2. Download and reinstall the license on the new computer. If you already have the setup files, you can proceed to use it to install on the new computer.

Download and install or reinstall Office 2013 on a PC or
    Office for Mac ...

Step 3. Because it was previously in use on another computer, it is a possibility you might need to reactivate by telephone:

Microsoft Office Activation Number:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

Andre Da Costa, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Activation after migration to a new PC.

1. Activation after migration to a new PC. - Similar Threads - Activation migration

2. Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop without an installed OS, and I am trying to migrate a retail license from an old laptop. The license was already uninstalled from the old laptop and when I put it into the new laptop, on which I installed windows 11. It displays an error with the...
  3. Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop without an installed OS, and I am trying to migrate a retail license from an old laptop. The license was already uninstalled from the old laptop and when I put it into the new laptop, on which I installed windows 11. It displays an error with the...
  4. How to migrate active directory from Windows Server 2012 STD to Windows Server 2019 STD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to migrate active directory from Windows Server 2012 STD to Windows Server 2019 STD: How to migrate active directory from Windows Server 2012 STD to Windows Server 2019 STDCurrently i have setup my Domain Server in Windows Server 2012 STD but now i want migrate it in a new server machine in which we have installed Windows Server 2019 STD.can anyone let me...
  5. How to migrate active directory from Windows Server 2012 STD to Windows Server 2019 STD

How to migrate active directory from Windows Server 2012 STD to Windows Server 2019 STD: How to migrate active directory from Windows Server 2012 STD to Windows Server 2019 STDCurrently i have setup my Domain Server in Windows Server 2012 STD but now i want migrate it in a new server machine in which we have installed Windows Server 2019 STD.can anyone let me...
  6. Active Directory Migration user impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Migration user impact: Good day, I am trying to understand what could go wrong on the day of migration so I can communicate this to my stakeholders as a worst case scenario. Basically, how could a user be impacted after migration. For example, user cannot login, their email doesn't work, an...
  7. Active Directory Migration user impact

Active Directory Migration user impact: Good day, I am trying to understand what could go wrong on the day of migration so I can communicate this to my stakeholders as a worst case scenario. Basically, how could a user be impacted after migration. For example, user cannot login, their email doesn't work, an...
  8. Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home: Hi,I was using pre-installed Windows 10 Home but I want to use Windows 10 pro. I have tried several methods as per below,1. Got back from windows 11 home to 10 home and inserted product key that didn't work. Followed the solution where I had to put a general product key to...
  9. Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home: Hi,I was using pre-installed Windows 10 Home but I want to use Windows 10 pro. I have tried several methods as per below,1. Got back from windows 11 home to 10 home and inserted product key that didn't work. Followed the solution where I had to put a general product key to...
  10. Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge error on migration assistant

2. windos activation after migration