Windows 10: Activation after reinstall, error 0x803F7001

Discus and support Activation after reinstall, error 0x803F7001 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently had a hard drive failure so had to revert to my previous drive which did not have an OS installed. I was unable to make a USB boot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by magiceffects, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Activation after reinstall, error 0x803F7001

Hi,

I recently had a hard drive failure so had to revert to my previous drive which did not have an OS installed. I was unable to make a USB boot to install Windows 10, so I had to use a friends Windows 7 CD to get my system up and running to install 10... after going through this process I have been unable to activate my copy of Windows 10 Pro as I had no product key for the Windows 7 install...

My MSA has a copy of Windows 10 Pro assigned to it.

How can I get my installation activated?! or do I need to do another fresh install in order to do this??

Any help or assistance would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

:)

magiceffects, Sep 29, 2016
  2. cjs11225 Win User

product key

recently i reinstall windows 10 due to the shlwapi.dll missing error. After i reinstall, it keep requesting me to activate the product key(error code:0x803f7001) which i don't have it. I have tried to login in the same mail account but still not works.
    Pls give me some assistance, thx.

cjs11225, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Invalid partition table

The error is 0x803F7001

You must remember I had to format this machine to reinstall Windows after the original online upgrade failed. This means I didn’t have a version on the tin when reinstalling so now I have no key. Thing is, the reason I don’t have a key is a Microsoft
    issue so I need this machine activated asap.

AndrewMorris_65, Sep 29, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Activation after reinstall, error 0x803F7001

AIUI, if your previous install had already been activated and said 'Windows is activated with a digital licence' or '...a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account' then you should just click 'I don't have one' when asked for a product key during a clean install. The activation servers should then automatically activate it based on the existing digital licence.

This worked for me when I put a clean HDD into a machine previously activated for 1511. I wanted to test a clean install of 1607, it activated immediately. I have no Microsoft account, so this machine's licence was tied to its hardware (the disk is not factored in for licencing purposes).

5. So I need to re-install using this option? I note that the first time I attempted to install it I had selected that option, as well as the automatic updates while installing - but after waiting nextly 24 hour for it to get above 0% of the "checking for updates" I decided this option would not be the right one for me, hence why I have installed it as a clean install and associated the install with my MSA, but am still unable to activate.

magiceffects, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Activation after reinstall, error 0x803F7001

1. Activation after reinstall, error 0x803F7001 - Similar Threads - Activation reinstall error

2. Windows 10 Activation Error Code: 0x803F7001

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation Error Code: 0x803F7001: Trying to finally upgrade and get a genuine version of windows after having that pesky activate windows watermark. Had this pc for a while and finally decided to get it removed. I bought a digital version of windows from the Microsoft store as it led me to do in the settings....
  3. Activate Windows 10 Pro Error: 0x803f7001

Activate Windows 10 Pro Error: 0x803f7001: Hi experts, I cannot activate Windows 10 pro, purchased via Windows store, and I have not received information with a product key. clicking the button: "Troubleshoot" - doesn't work How do I activate the system? / Christian...
  4. Can't activate Pro; error code: 0x803F7001

Can't activate Pro; error code: 0x803F7001: I removed the Win10 Pro license from one of my computers and tried to activate on a new computer; didn't work. Completely removed old computer from my account; still didn't work. Bought a Win10 Pro license, but can't install because the Pro is attached to my account......
  5. Windows is not activated - 0x803F7001

Windows is not activated - 0x803F7001: Hi, back in January I had a Lenovo desktop that broke down. It came with windows 7 at the time (then upgraded to windows 10). I then built my own pc and kept the original hard drive from which windows booted. Since then I've been using my new computer without windows...
  6. ERROR 0X803F7001

ERROR 0X803F7001: today I bought windows pro upgrade from "Microsoft store" and the email you sent the activation to .. I deleted it years a go but I forgot to change it but it shows me this message error code: 0X803F7001 [ATTACH] so I don't have the activation number can you please help me...
  7. Activation error 0x803F7001

Activation error 0x803F7001: [ATTACH] I do not know who uses my license. My license is digital. And I've done a clean install, even though my license is not active. I have activated my license by email. I made all attempts but I did not get any results. please help me....
  8. Window Activation not working (Error code 0x803F7001)

Window Activation not working (Error code 0x803F7001): I Recently just got a new PC and Tried transferring my windows 10 to it but when I try to activate it comes up with an error and wont let me activate, how can I fix this without buying another copy of windows?...
  9. Error Code 0x803F7001 after clean install. How to activate again.

Error Code 0x803F7001 after clean install. How to activate again.: HP Pavilion DT 500-164. After utilizing Win10 since the initial offering. Microsoft yesterday, after a clean install decided that it was not activated. Today I updated to 10567. The long shot dream was that it would auto activate. The error code altered slightly with an...
  10. Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001: Hi ! My old computer had a hard disk malfunctio then I built a new computer to replace my old one. After I reinstalled windows 7 off the disk of my original computer then upgraded to windows 10 but it wont activate. I've get an Error Code 0x803F7001 and after I try to use...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code 0x803f7001 after clean reinstall

2. 0x803f7001 error after reinstallation

3. error code:0x803f7001 after clean reinstall