Windows 10: Activation after Transferring SSD to new PC

Discus and support Activation after Transferring SSD to new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have copied the files and folders from one pc to another, but it has also transfered the operating system which is win10 Pro, to activate it I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by midwebonline, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Activation after Transferring SSD to new PC

I have copied the files and folders from one pc to another, but it has also transfered the operating system which is win10 Pro, to activate it I need to change it back to Windows 10 Home, what is the the best way to reinstall it without losing my settings and programs

:)

midwebonline, Jul 19, 2020

2. Transferring Windows 10 to New PC Activation

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 19, 2020
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Transfer of SSD Drive to new Laptop

If you upgraded the SSD to Windows 10 from a previous version you have a digital licence which is only valid for the device it was installed on. You can transfer the SSD to a new device but you will need to buy a new licence key to enable it to activate
    on the new device.

It will probably still work on the new one if you fit the SSD after device manager updates the differences in hardware but it wont be activated.

neilpzz, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Activation after Transferring SSD to new PC

Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC

Hello, pretty soon I will be building a new computer with completely different hardware. Is there a process I have to do in order to transfer my SSD with my current OS (Windows 10) on to the new PC? Or can i just plug my SSD in and it will recognize all
    the new hardware?

JuniNguyen, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Activation after Transferring SSD to new PC

1. Activation after Transferring SSD to new PC - Similar Threads - Activation Transferring SSD

2. Transferring activated windows to new ssd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring activated windows to new ssd.: I just bought a laptop with official windows homesingle language in buildOEM key, but the problem is that the laptop has HDD, and working on HDD is like taking a hell of a lot of time. I have thought to upgrade to Nvme SSD. So now the question is how can I reinstall my...
  3. Transferred Windows to new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferred Windows to new SSD: So I have 2 HDD and a new M.2 and I used one for years for Windows but I just got the M.2 and transferred windows 10 to it. All my hard drives are working but I cant figure out how to access any of my programs like Chrome and my old pictures. How do access them with out...
  4. Transfer Activation Key after new Motherboard

Transfer Activation Key after new Motherboard: I built a PC a month ago and activated Windows 10 pro on it. Last week I had to replace the motherboard and now my key doesn't work. I called Microsoft support to transfer the key and they said the key was exhausted. I only used it once, but maybe it was used somehow before I...
  5. Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD: I bought a new Samsung 860 pro 256gb. ssd to transfer everything from my main/OS drive to it since the drive is pretty old and, I've already had one drive just like it go bad and it was actually a little newer. First off, I just put the new drive in my Kingston docking bay...
  6. Activation after Transferring SSD to new PC

Activation after Transferring SSD to new PC: Hello all, today I upgraded my PC in its entirety by physically transferring my SSD to a new PC. It went smoothly but now I am being asked to activate Windows. The former owner of this PC did not own a licensed copy of Windows 10. I, on the other hand, do own a copy. When I...
  7. Transfering SSD with Windows 10 to new PC

Transfering SSD with Windows 10 to new PC: My Hp Probook 470 G4 recently stopped working. I would be able to easily take out the m.2 drive. Now I'd like to ask if it's possible to transfer the drive with the data on it into a new system. I read that the license wouldn't transfer. Would I be able to just buy another...
  8. TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC

TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC: I have an old HP laptop with W10 Pro license purchased SSD. Planning on buying new HP with W10 Home OEM SSD or regular HD. Can I deactivate OEM license on new laptop after registering. Swapping the SSD from my old laptop to the new laptop and activate the license without...
  9. Transfer SSD to new laptop

Transfer SSD to new laptop: My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to transfer my existing...
  10. Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC: Hello, pretty soon I will be building a new computer with completely different hardware. Is there a process I have to do in order to transfer my SSD with my current OS (Windows 10) on to the new PC? Or can i just plug my SSD in and it will recognize all the new hardware?...