Windows 10: Activation after updating hardware

Discus and support Activation after updating hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have updated my 15 year old computer. A new cpu on a new board in a new case. I cloned the hard disc drive onto a ssd. I am having a hard time with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DonaldLandrith, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Activation after updating hardware

I have updated my 15 year old computer. A new cpu on a new board in a new case. I cloned the hard disc drive onto a ssd. I am having a hard time with activation. When I set up my microsoft account, I used different wording for the name as opposed to the "official" name on my computer. Now, I cannot sync my account with the computer. Of course I cannot change the computer name until I can activate windows. A perfect "catch 22". I have dutifully updated windows as the years went by.

Bruce L.

:)

DonaldLandrith, Nov 30, 2019

2. activating windows 10 after hardware upgrade

hi

trying to activate windows 10 after hardware update but it keeps saying no

i followed the troubleshooter steps but something goes wrong and it just says oops try again later...

any suggestions?

Thanks

tristonhampson, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 30, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Activation after updating hardware

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Activation after updating hardware :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Activation after updating hardware

1. Activation after updating hardware - Similar Threads - Activation updating hardware

2. Activation After Hardware change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation After Hardware change.: Hi I downloaded Windows 10 Home some time ago and it activated with a digital licence linked to my account. I decided to upgrade the motherboard but now it won't reactivate ,I'm logged into my account and clicked I changed my hardware selected the device but it won't...
  3. Activation after hardware change

Activation after hardware change: So I recently changed my motherboard, cpu and memory and reinstalled windows 10 corrupt sys 32 or something idk. Obviously, I then had to reactivate windows but when I tried to it told me that I had already reactivated windows using that key. I never have. Is this something...
  4. Activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after hardware change: I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. I had Windows 10 Pro installed with a product key that i do not have access to. Before i did the hardware change, i made sure that it was linked to my account. I went to activation in the settings and it said "Windows is...
  5. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my MB, cpu and ram and am unable to activate windows 10. I linked my windows licence to my Microsoft account before my upgrade but it will not let me activate. I've tried trouble shooting activation (clicking on changed hardware) and customer support, but they...
  6. activation after hardware replacement

activation after hardware replacement: yesterday i replaced my mobo, cpu, ram and psu, my harddrive stayed the same. after the replacement i performed a system recovery. Now there is a mark that says: "activate windows." I used the troubleshoot option but it didn't work....
  7. activation after hardware change

activation after hardware change: I got a new motherboard and power supply for Christmas, and threw them in yesterday. I didn't change or reset the ssd's, windows did its little driver update thing for 2 minutes, and loaded in. all was well, but now I get this annoying note telling me to activate windows. I...
  8. windows 10 activation after hardware update

windows 10 activation after hardware update: Been though the trouble shooting - but still no luck - login to my account and it can see the PC and says no problems - up to date etc but still windows 10 wont activate after hardware update Just get directed to the Microsoft store to buy a copy ? I upgraded to Win 10...
  9. Activation after Hardware Changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after Hardware Changes.: I've recently rebuilt my PC with completely new Mobo, CPU and RAM. However, my HDD is the same and I've just plugged it in straight from my old PC, without using any sort of transfer utility. Windows is now telling me it is not activated , and when I click on "recent hardware...
  10. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: Just a quick question please, is there any way of reactivating a digital entitlement license obtained by upgrading from Win7 for free, on upgraded hardware, without having to link a MS account? Privacy issues and all that...I know phone activation worked for me with Win7 once...