Windows 10: activation after upgrading my HDD

Discus and support activation after upgrading my HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im going to upgrade my HDD however Im afraid I will loss my activation. I dont want to buy a new license since Im using this for a long time now. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hilbert.gaylord93, Sep 20, 2022.

1. activation after upgrading my HDD

Im going to upgrade my HDD however Im afraid I will loss my activation. I dont want to buy a new license since Im using this for a long time now. How can I install Windows at the same time retain my license. I have Windows 10 Home. Please help me.

:)

hilbert.gaylord93, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 20, 2022
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 20, 2022
  4. Ironsoap Win User

activation after upgrading my HDD

HDD Activity LED Mod

I have this idea for an HDD activity LED mod.

Basically, depending on the amount of HDD activity, it would trigger an unknown amount of LEDs to light up, spelling a phrase.

So let's say the phrase is HDD. With a little activity, H would light up, but with a lot of activity, such as boot, HDD would be lit up.

I don't know how plausible this would be, however, because from what I've seen, the HDD LED is just triggered by current on the 39th wire in an IDE drive or something. The only way this would be possible is if the amount of current were to vary.

If this were to be the case, how would this be done? Would I have to program a microchip, or just design and order a PCB? What phrases would you guys suggest (my first Idea: "oh shit!; 7 LEDs").

Ironsoap, Sep 20, 2022
Thema:

activation after upgrading my HDD

1. activation after upgrading my HDD - Similar Threads - activation upgrading HDD

2. activation after upgrading my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activation after upgrading my HDD: Im going to upgrade my HDD however Im afraid I will loss my activation. I dont want to buy a new license since Im using this for a long time now. How can I install Windows at the same time retain my license. I have Windows 10 Home. Please help me....
  3. activation after upgrading my HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation after upgrading my HDD: Im going to upgrade my HDD however Im afraid I will loss my activation. I dont want to buy a new license since Im using this for a long time now. How can I install Windows at the same time retain my license. I have Windows 10 Home. Please help me....
  4. HDD Upgrade

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HDD Upgrade: I would like to upgrade my HDD to SSD- Do I want to clone my old drive to the SSD or Image it to the SSD before installing? 170326
  5. Activation after upgrade.

Activation after upgrade.: Just upgraded PC. had windows before. now saying need to reactivate. have been through all trouble shoot and still not letting me activate. have no idea where aproduct key is. don't really wanna buy a new license when I shouldn't have tyo. any help please?...
  6. Unable to activate my OS after replacing HDD with SSD.

Unable to activate my OS after replacing HDD with SSD.: I was having problem with my HDD. it become slow because of reallocation of sector unit error. so I decided to replace my HDD with SSD. After replacing I installed the same version of windows which I was using on HDD. but now I m unable to activate my windows with digital...
  7. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: Just a quick question please, is there any way of reactivating a digital entitlement license obtained by upgrading from Win7 for free, on upgraded hardware, without having to link a MS account? Privacy issues and all that...I know phone activation worked for me with Win7 once...
  8. Activation after upgrade?

Activation after upgrade?: I updated from Windows 7 Professional N to Windows 10 Professional N successfully and I am fully activated. If I choose to re-install the OS as a fresh install from USB, will the CD key be recognized or will I need to do Windows 7 > Windows 10 all over again? I tried a fresh...
  9. After upgrading, my PC won't recognize my SSD or HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrading, my PC won't recognize my SSD or HDD?: I'm not exactly a computer mastermind, but let me try to explain what is going on... There's a TL;DR version, too. Two days ago I got home from work and turned on my computer, which is a little over a year old and has never had any problems before. It wouldn't boot up. It...
  10. HDD activity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD activity: When I boot into Win Ten on my ancient laptop the HDD goes into 100% use for the first 10 to 15 minutes. Is this Windows file indexing? Does it ever stop? There is nothing on the HDD except the OS. Why does it have to R+W all the files all over again? isn't once enough?...