Windows 10: Activation and Win 10 Update errors

Discus and support Activation and Win 10 Update errors in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded Win 7 Home premiumOEM to Win 10 Home using the free upgrade over a year ago and have had no issues. Then the product key was accepted. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ErictheElder1, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Activation and Win 10 Update errors

I upgraded Win 7 Home premiumOEM to Win 10 Home using the free upgrade over a year ago and have had no issues. Then the product key was accepted. Now I am asked to activate windows but neither the Win 7 or 10 product keys work. The activation screen sometimes lists the product Id and sometimes not, no product key found. I get the message " something interrupted our troubleshooting & error code 0x8004005. I have disabled av, firewall and antimalware and other running programs, retried to no avail. Also being told am running unlicensed copy of Windows and to go buy one.

I have received these other error codes:-

0x8000ffff -update error and this did seem to all start when security updateKB4586864 installed 28/12/2020. All updates have failed to install since then. I note that there is an update for Adobe flash Player included, but I uninstalled Flash Player in October 20. Still trying to give me that now.

Have run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, and sfc /scannow and laptop is no longer in snailmode, but not quite normal. Still no activation got DISM error 0x800f081f - Source files not found. Use Source option to specify files required to restore feature. Go to https://go.microsoft.com/fastlink/?LinkId=243077 which gets me "404 page not found" when searched.

Sfc /scannow gets to 100% verification. Is it supposed to do more afterwyou can give me ards?

0xc004f012 - token.dat. tried to fix this but don't know if this worked.

Win resource protection unable to fix some corrupt files. Have looked through CBS log file but don't know what I'm looking for, - online, or offline repairs provided by /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

:)

ErictheElder1, Jan 25, 2021
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 25, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 25, 2021
  4. linhlz Win User

Activation and Win 10 Update errors

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Activation and Win 10 Update errors

1. Activation and Win 10 Update errors - Similar Threads - Activation Update errors

2. Win 10 activation error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 activation error: Hello,I recently had a big hardware change MOBO, CPU, GPU and I'm trying to re-activate my Win10 again, yet when I use the troubleshooter and select "I changed hardware on this device recently", the new desktop doesn't show up, only the old one. Yet when I go onto my...
  3. Win 10 activation error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation error: I have purchased 2 new pcs 3 years ago. At some point both pcs I think after an automatic update had a message on the screen saying we had to activate windows. We didn't pay attention and continued working as usual. We decided to download mictosoft 365 yearly subscription to...
  4. WIN 10 ACTIVATION

WIN 10 ACTIVATION: HELLO SIR, I INSTALLED MY MACHINE WITH WIN 10 PRO ISO. BUT I CANT ACTIVATE. COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-activation/19b9ff4d-5f41-4049-a8a3-362ec57a699e
  5. Win 10 Pro activation error

Win 10 Pro activation error: Have Win 10 Pro on laptop. Had some new hardware installed in the computer. Now wants me to enter activation code. When I re-enter it the number it says activation failed. It seems to think the laptop is on a company network and I need to talk to someone. But this is a...
  6. Win 10 update error

Win 10 update error: When I wanted to restart the machine after the upgrade, it wrote during the reboot that it failed to install the update and that the machine changes were restored. why be? the error code is 0x80070003...
  7. Win 10 update error

Win 10 update error: When I wanted to restart the machine after the upgrade, it wrote during the reboot that it failed to install the update and that the machine changes were restored. why be?...
  8. Win 10 Update Errors

Win 10 Update Errors: When attempting to update Windows 10 I constantly get these 3 errors. This has caused some software to not run properly. I am in desperate need for a solution. Thanks so much 2020-02 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64...
  9. win 10 update errors

win 10 update errors: After installing Win 10 updates my system crashes periodically within 4 to 9 minute intervals anybody else experiencing same results? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-update-errors/69e67b4e-011d-40b3-94c3-8463dc1d1094
  10. win 10 was activated ,but deactivated by updates

win 10 was activated ,but deactivated by updates: win 10 was installed and activated ,then after the updates installed , the error code 0xc004c003 clamed that the OS was not activated, that i uninstall 3 of the updates{accordantly} how ever update kbu509094 cant be uninstalled and or changed ,the advise was to purchase true...