Windows 10: Activation blocked

Discus and support Activation blocked in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is this a permanent thing now or do you think it will start working again after the 29th? 8670 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chrysalis, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Chrysalis Win User

Activation blocked

Is this a permanent thing now or do you think it will start working again after the 29th?

:)

Chrysalis, Jul 20, 2015

2. Activation blocked

I am in the same situation. Here is how I solved the problem:

• Create an image file of my Windows 7 installation. Store it on an external disk.
    • Launch the upgrade process from within Windows 7.
    • Restore the image file to the new partition.
    • Use the command bcdboot E:\Windows to create a Windows boot menu.
    This is the short description. To make it work I used Acronis True Image and Acronis DiskDirector. I also used Windows Repair flash disks for Windows 7 and 10 because I needed to repair the boot environment a couple of times. The whole process requires a
    good measure of experience in manipulating partitions.

An easier method (which I have not tested) goes as described below. Its drawback is that it gives you a clean installation of Windows 10 rather than the upgrade from Windows 7. Your Windows 7 customisations would not be visible in Windows 10.

• Create an image of Windows 7. Store it on an external disk.
    • Launch a Windows 10 upgrade from within Windows 7. Your machine is now registered for Windows 10.
    • Restore the Windows 7 image to its original partition.
    • Boot the machine from the Windows 10 media installation flash disk
    • Install Windows 10 in a different partition. This will work because the machine was registered in Step 2.
    This method will automatically give you a boot selection menu.

Frederik Long, Jul 20, 2015
  3. Activation blocked

Hello Lacrumb. thanks for your response.

my head has gotten foggy nowadays so any help is appreciated.

since 1952? wow long time. I was playing with systems back in the 80's. was designing a modular OS believe it or not, and was told by the professionals naw thats not programming. I even designed a ergonomic mouse and keyboard in 86. fully and made the
    plastic moulds for the mouse , it was great, still ahead of what is out there, was in the middle of setting up the moulds for the designs, I made them in the lab, but unfortunately a accident took me out of work and everything else and I have watched the world
    even now, catch up to things I was making back then. LOL.

This activation block has happened a few times resulting in my system becoming locked out. Each time I encountered this I have chosen to contact MS who then try to force me to buy a OS that I already own. typical, I used to help the community with system
    problems both in businesses and homes, for free for well over 20 years. (Man, kitchen chairs vary everywhere and all hurt my back the same) Since I was an invalid pensioner myself each upgrade/update/incompatibility of games printers software, was difficult.
    So I understood the need of those in the community. In my opinion the "OS promises" made billions ripping off parents kids and invalids. Anyway I cant do code anymore (strokes 15 years ago saw to that), and cant get my head around command line stuff anymore,
    but still had a look and was having the same issues that has happened in the past with this system. told not activated, after 30 days cut out of system. This comes out of the blue after using the system for perhaps a year, activated and fine. A update somewhere
    and suddenly no printers again and no activation when all is legit. trust it as a glitch and I have been cut out of my system access 6 times in the last couple of years. Not appropriate to say the least. especially when online the techs were useless and on
    the phone they either do not understand and can not help because they wont do their job. It is the easy way out to insist someone pays for what they already own. Not acceptable.

Last time I talked to MS Techs they could not understand what I kept repeating No it is not pirate software I own licenses for every machine I use both in the house and shed and several full versions of pro, as spares. I also should have all my digital
    licenses online but somehow they LOST them..... Instead MS techs just kept insisting that the software must be illegal and you need to buy more even though I was giving them the licenses straight off my paperwork.

with a glitch I generally restore from a backup and get back on top. this time no. something changed in the updates or MS because my normally accepted backup restored and previously activated, now registers as unactivated as soon as I go online, and each
    time I restore it says the same. formatted removed partitions restored, same again. tried another win 10 backup of an earlier stage same issue., So I have restored to win 7... arg, I am still thinking about win 10 and is it worth the nightmare of incompetence
    of MS as well as their invasiveness. I own my gear not them. I set my preferences and they reset them which is invasive and childish and vandalism in my opinion.

Anyway thats the situation and thanks for the input. I am too tired to go into reinstalling all over again at the moment. when someone suggests reinstall then update they dont see the fact that that is tough on a healthy person. To do a install and drivers
    over a couple of hours then download or use a disk for more hours and drivers set up, I lose 8 hours and my body is a mess due to their vandalising their own software and my systems, and then after i suffer all that and the several days of health downltime
    after, it is not something I look forward to especially if it is all a waste of time and they do it to me again. so I understand why there are those out there who think there must be a way around the unnecessary nightmare of being involved in the MS regime
    or their heartless gauntlet.

Thylacine111, Jul 20, 2015
  4. Activation blocked

which activation you r talking?

remostalin, Jul 20, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    It seems that MS has shut down activation for all builds until after the 29th so they can test the upgrade process. Some have been able to find a way to activate 10240. Search around the forums and you should find out how the accomplished it.

BunnyJ, Jul 20, 2015
  6. 24C
    24c Win User
    I did a clean install from an iso of 10240, signed into my MS acct. and it activated....who knows???

7. Fafhrd Win User
    My 10240 activated after a reset - upgraded from 10166 install from ESD>iso after the activation servers supposedly were shut down.

Fafhrd, Jul 20, 2015
  8. fjk61011 Win User

Activation blocked

Same here.

fjk61011, Jul 20, 2015
  9. Vladimir Win User
    Updates via ISO from inside previously activated builds remain activated. If a machine has already had an activated build, the hardware hash is kept by M$, so it activates after the first reboot.

*Smile

Vladimir, Jul 20, 2015
  10. fjk61011 Win User
    I had installed 10240 from the ESD -> ISO. This activated but there was no Fast/Slow ring option. I went back to 10166 and let it upgrade to 10240. It activated with the Fast/Slow ring option available.

fjk61011, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Activation blocked

1. Activation blocked - Similar Threads - Activation blocked

2. block activation of any imbedded link in any browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    block activation of any imbedded link in any browser: win 10. my wife is a facebook addict, and cannot stop herself from clicking on third party links to buy or checkout all sorts of suspicious stuff. I have added norton safe browsing to all of our browsers, but this hasn't stopped the problems. she has had to replace her debit...
  3. My a.thomson Hotmail acc was blocked due to unusual activity I changed password but cannot...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My a.thomson Hotmail acc was blocked due to unusual activity I changed password but cannot...: Hi my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** acc was blocked due to unusual activity,now I can’t send or receive emails to my inbox,...
  4. My a.thomson Hotmail acc was blocked due to unusual activity I changed password but cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My a.thomson Hotmail acc was blocked due to unusual activity I changed password but cannot...: Hi my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** acc was blocked due to unusual activity,now I can’t send or receive emails to my inbox,...
  5. My a.thomson Hotmail acc was blocked due to unusual activity I changed password but cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My a.thomson716@hotmail acc was blocked due to unusual activity I changed password but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My a.thomson716@hotmail acc was blocked due to unusual activity I changed password but...: Hi my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** acc was blocked due to unusual activity,now I can’t send or receive emails to my inbox, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-athomson716hotmail-acc-was-blocked-due-to/1c78047a-1eaa-42af-a20a-a614f2b23baa
  7. Why when I active Applocker on my Windows 11 and activate the rules my parameters get blocked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I active Applocker on my Windows 11 and activate the rules my parameters get blocked?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to secure my desktop which is under win11pro 23H2 with secpol.msc .When I juste set my Applocker and create the basics rules then restart, I can't open my parameters. even my windows key doesn't work !!!I've look for "NoControlPanel" rule on regedit...
  8. Why when I active Applocker on my Windows 11 and activate the rules my parameters get blocked?

Why when I active Applocker on my Windows 11 and activate the rules my parameters get blocked?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to secure my desktop which is under win11pro 23H2 with secpol.msc .When I juste set my Applocker and create the basics rules then restart, I can't open my parameters. even my windows key doesn't work !!!I've look for "NoControlPanel" rule on regedit...
  9. Microsoft "IS" Deliberately Blocking Windows 7 Activations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft "IS" Deliberately Blocking Windows 7 Activations: This will likely not surprise many people here that Microsoft is deliberately blocking Windows 7 activation's. They'll never admit to it even in spite of proof that shows they are in fact doing so...I'm sure they will be some here that will disagree with me as is their right,...
  10. Microsoft "IS" Deliberately Blocking Windows 7 Activations

Microsoft "IS" Deliberately Blocking Windows 7 Activations: This will likely not surprise many people here that Microsoft is deliberately blocking Windows 7 activation's. They'll never admit to it even in spite of proof that shows they are in fact doing so...I'm sure they will be some here that will disagree with me as is their right,...