Windows 10: Activation broken by latest update?

Discus and support Activation broken by latest update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Suddenly seeing Activate Windows on a machine running fine for 10 years....tried to go to Settings to run activation troubleshooter as recommended by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomasBate, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Activation broken by latest update?

Suddenly seeing Activate Windows on a machine running fine for 10 years....tried to go to Settings to run activation troubleshooter as recommended by the bot, but Update/Activation screens will not open at all?

:)

ThomasBate, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Mar 28, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Activation broken by latest update?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Activation broken by latest update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Activation broken by latest update?

1. Activation broken by latest update? - Similar Threads - Activation broken latest

2. Are the latest windows 11 updates broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are the latest windows 11 updates broken?: I have a Dell G7 17 gaming laptop. Windows works great when I had 10 hardly any issues. Of course I installed Windows 11 eventually. I even did a fresh install of Windows 11 iso - meaning I officially removed windows 10 completely. It worked well until the recent string of...
  3. Are the latest windows 11 updates broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are the latest windows 11 updates broken?: I have a Dell G7 17 gaming laptop. Windows works great when I had 10 hardly any issues. Of course I installed Windows 11 eventually. I even did a fresh install of Windows 11 iso - meaning I officially removed windows 10 completely. It worked well until the recent string of...
  4. windows latest update 22H2 is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows latest update 22H2 is broken.: my device is literally broken. no app would work. no nothing. i cant even open the settings app. it’s just dead. i tried doing the recovery and uninstalling but it didn’t work. i tried reinstalling windows and it didn’t work either. so what’s the fix??? i searched online and...
  5. windows latest update 22H2 is broken.

windows latest update 22H2 is broken.: my device is literally broken. no app would work. no nothing. i cant even open the settings app. it’s just dead. i tried doing the recovery and uninstalling but it didn’t work. i tried reinstalling windows and it didn’t work either. so what’s the fix??? i searched online and...
  6. Folders thumbnails broken with latest update

Folders thumbnails broken with latest update: I've tried reinstalling all drivers, did not help. Restarted innumerable times as well. My computer brightness has also gone down, and anything related to display in my settings in games such as sims 3 has been completely reset. The folders themselves work, its just issues...
  7. Folders thumbnails broken with latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders thumbnails broken with latest update: I've tried reinstalling all drivers, did not help. Restarted innumerable times as well. My computer brightness has also gone down, and anything related to display in my settings in games such as sims 3 has been completely reset. The folders themselves work, its just issues...
  8. Latest feature update is broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...
  9. Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates: Hi there I can't figure out what's broken this time again with networking I can't connect to NAS (Linux) server any more -- refuses to accept password even though it's correct. Connect works perfectly on W7 and also FROM the NAS TO Windows 10. Anyway here's the result of...
  10. Beware latest voice recorder update, it’s broken

Beware latest voice recorder update, it’s broken: Turned pc on this evening and done my usual check for updates in the store app. Several came through one of which was for voice recorder. It’s a bad update as now trying to launching it results in the app crashing. It’s the same across all our home PCs. So it is clearly an MS...