Windows 10: Activation concern

Discus and support Activation concern in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have this new PC which has a windows 7 is and upgraded to windows 10. When I ressetted everything it will not allow me to activate again using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jlivingsone, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Activation concern

I have this new PC which has a windows 7 is and upgraded to windows 10. When I ressetted everything it will not allow me to activate again using the original product key. Please help.

:)

Jlivingsone, Aug 3, 2022
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Trexx Win User
    Concerning System Behavior - Activity Gives NO Clues

Well, to start, I'd like to mention if anyone figures this one out, a forum admin or moderator should give you a title like "Neo" or "God"... hell, you should be able to choose whatever title you want! And I'll even send a request if I can. The point I'm trying to convey here is I've done a fairly extensive amount of troubleshooting and research to figure out what's going on and still haven't even a single clue, lead, or slightest idea of the cause. I normally don't even post questions on here at all - until now, I've only contributed to answering posts. First time for everything...

As of yesterday, my antivirus software, Kaspersky (paid subscription) has flooded the push notifications to the point it was using 600 MB of memory ... with a message stating "A suspicious action was allowed." For anyone familiar with Kaspersky, when I click the notification, it brings me to the Application Control section, yet shows nothing My first step was to change Kaspersky's settings to begin logging events for nearly all the applications listed - these events mostly just include 'suspicious' activity as Kaspersky indicated of the action being allowed.

Naturally, I didn't stop to wait for results from that single change. I ran nearly every stand-alone malware, rootkit, and virus scanner I have - here's a list of the programs:
    • RKill64 (by BleepingComputer)
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (mbar-1.10.3.1001.exe)
    • TDSS Rootkit Removal Tool (by Kaspersky)
    • GMER 2.2.19882 Rootkit Revealer (by Avast? I think?)
    • FRST64 FARBAR (Updated and Scanned All)

In addition to this, I also utilized SysInternals, capturing all background activity - processes, threads, etc. - which only served to further confuse me... as it definitely appears to be unusual system activity, but without something obvious or that sticks out, my lack of knowledge in Windows background operations - the process activity and their threads - barely affords me confidence enough to come to the vague conclusion that the activity is "unusual".

One more thing I discovered was an alarming number of events in the Event Logs (always viewing Custom - Administrative Events). The most relevant of those events shows details regarding the issues with Kaspersky:

Trexx, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Activation concern

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

Activation concern

1. Activation concern - Similar Threads - Activation concern

2. Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?: This past week Oct 16, 6:36PM I received an authentic MS email alerting me to a successful login attempt. I immediately changed my password and sent a command to log out of all devices, but have not yet turned on two-factor authentication. The password for my MS account was...
  3. Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?: This past week Oct 16, 6:36PM I received an authentic MS email alerting me to a successful login attempt. I immediately changed my password and sent a command to log out of all devices, but have not yet turned on two-factor authentication. The password for my MS account was...
  4. Successful login from unknown IP on "Recent activity viewer" -- should I be concerned?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is the Windows product key concerned with 32 or 64 bit of Windows or will the key activate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Windows product key concerned with 32 or 64 bit of Windows or will the key activate...: Is the Windows product key concerned with 32 or 64 bit of Windows or will the key activate either? In other words is the key specific to 32bit or 64bit version of, for instance, Windows 10 Pro?...
  6. Is the Windows product key concerned with 32 or 64 bit of Windows or will the key activate...

Is the Windows product key concerned with 32 or 64 bit of Windows or will the key activate...: Is the Windows product key concerned with 32 or 64 bit of Windows or will the key activate either? In other words is the key specific to 32bit or 64bit version of, for instance, Windows 10 Pro?...
  7. Is the Windows product key concerned with 32 or 64 bit of Windows or will the key activate...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Activation concern

Activation concern: I have this new PC which has a windows 7 is and upgraded to windows 10. When I ressetted everything it will not allow me to activate again using the original product key. Please help....
  9. Activation concern

Activation concern: I have this new PC which has a windows 7 is and upgraded to windows 10. When I ressetted everything it will not allow me to activate again using the original product key. Please help....
  10. Activate Windows/Product Key Concern

Activate Windows/Product Key Concern: Hi I need help in Windows Activation. Its asking for product key. I don't know where I can find it and how to update it. I need options. can someone walk me through on how I can have a digital key (if its possible to use it) or is there anyway to use internet connection as a...