Windows 10: Activation Error, 0xC004C008: Activation server determined that specified product key could...

Discus and support Activation Error, 0xC004C008: Activation server determined that specified product key could... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Did you recently encounter Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xC004C008 on your computer screen? […] This article Activation Error, 0xC004C008:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 23, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Activation Error, 0xC004C008: Activation server determined that specified product key could...

WinClub, Nov 23, 2020
  2. beaker Win User

Activation server determined specific product key has been blocked?

I got the notification that my upgrade was available from windows 7 Home Prem. I followed the instructions and did a normal upgrade, not a clean install. All my personal files are still on the PC as are my bookmarks etc.

Windows 10 is working fine, but says it's not activated. It shows the last 5 digits of the product key info, and they are different from my previous windows 7 key, so somehow they have automatically changed. My windows 7 key obviously doesn't work to activate 10 either.

I get an error code Error code: 0xC004C003 - The activation server determined the specific product key has been blocked??

At no point in the upgrade did I change or enter any product keys. I just followed the on screen instructions.

What should I do now? I can roll back to 7 but when I upgrade again I assume the same thing will happen?

beaker, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

Activation Error, 0xC004C008: Activation server determined that specified product key could...

activation invalid after deletion of product key

The product key determines the edition to be installed - Windows cannot determine the licence when there is none

You have to specify a key (leaving the key blank has no effect)

eg: slmgr /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

When online the activation server will match the Installation ID (containing the pid (which is derived from the key), hardware id etc) with the digital licence.

Superfly, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Activation Error, 0xC004C008: Activation server determined that specified product key could... - Similar Threads - Activation Error 0xC004C008

2. Product key activation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key activation error: I bought a Windows 8.1 version CD in Turkey in 2013 and I have been installing Windows on my computer with this CD since I bought it. However, I moved to Germany and when I run the CD to format the computer and enter the product key, it gives an activation error and tells me...
  3. Product key activation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key activation error: I bought a Windows 8.1 version CD in Turkey in 2013 and I have been installing Windows on my computer with this CD since I bought it. However, I moved to Germany and when I run the CD to format the computer and enter the product key, it gives an activation error and tells me...
  4. 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When...

0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When...: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When trying to activate Windows11 through the bat file provided by my schoolThis error won't appear when activating Windows 10...
  5. 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When...: 0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked When trying to activate Windows11 through the bat file provided by my schoolThis error won't appear when activating Windows 10...
  6. Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation

Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation: i recently changed my motherboard but windows will not activate , ive tried the troubleshoot button but that doesn't work , I've also tried activate by phone however the call doesnt go through so i have not been able to use it , can anyone help me ?...
  7. Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008: I recently built a Pc and got a defective motherboard, everything was fine until my motherboard started BSOD, so I decided to sent it back and ask for a refund since I could't access anything including the BIOS, I could not deactivate my Windows 10 Product Key. I got a new...
  8. Windows 10 Pro activation error 0xc004c008

Windows 10 Pro activation error 0xc004c008: Hello! I have a product key of windows 10 pro. Currently, I have procured a upgraded desktop device and now I want to reinstall my windows 10 pro with activation in the new device, but error code 0xc004c008 is popping up. What can be the probable solution for this?...
  9. Windows activation 0xC004C008

Windows activation 0xC004C008: Hello , i recently update my pc parts (mobo,cpu,ram) and formated my ssd and put windows 10 again to an m.2 nvme and kept the first ssd as a storage one. Once i set windows and log with my microsoft acc as administrator i could see my pc avitvated in the acc but windows were...
  10. Activation server determined specific product key has been blocked?

Activation server determined specific product key has been blocked?: I got the notification that my upgrade was available from windows 7 Home Prem. I followed the instructions and did a normal upgrade, not a clean install. All my personal files are still on the PC as are my bookmarks etc. Windows 10 is working fine, but says it's not...