Windows 10: Activation errors for *years*

Discus and support Activation errors for *years* in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Okay so I'm probably very late to this. A couple of years ago I decided to buy a laptop from a friend of mine. He mentioned an issue about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JudasIskariot, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Activation errors for *years*

Okay so I'm probably very late to this.

A couple of years ago I decided to buy a laptop from a friend of mine.

He mentioned an issue about the windows os refusing to stay activated, whereas he had bought the pc with a properly activated windows os. After a month or so it had deactivated, so he decided to buy a version anew to activate it again. It took a short while yet again before it deactivated, and refused to activate. This happened another time, until he gave up.

I've not thought too much of this. But I've decided to check out any possible solutions to this.

Note:

I do not have the current activation key, as my friend lost it a long time ago.

The troubleshooting is not to much help either, and I'm kinda treading in the darkness here, as there are no hints.

So the question is: Has anybody experienced this? Do any of you think there is a way to deal with this?

:)

JudasIskariot, Aug 19, 2019
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Activation errors for *years*

Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Activation errors for *years*

1. Activation errors for *years* - Similar Threads - Activation errors *years*

2. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  3. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  4. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.: I installed Windows 10 a while ago with no problem. Now it says I need to activate it. But I cannot as it says: we cannot connect to your organizations activation server. The problem is that the computer has never been connected to an organization it has always been a private...
  6. Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.: I installed Windows 10 a while ago with no problem. Now it says I need to activate it. But I cannot as it says: we cannot connect to your organizations activation server. The problem is that the computer has never been connected to an organization it has always been a private...
  7. Windows 10 was activated for years not it is not and I cann activate it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Activate Windows after 2 years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows after 2 years: I bought my pc from a reputable retailer 2 years ago and activated Windows at that time Today I woke my computer from hibernation, and there's a permanent message on the screen telling me to activate Windows Why is it asking me to do that? I've already activated it I...
  9. Windows activation error, was running okay for a year

Windows activation error, was running okay for a year: The device in question is an ex corporate laptop with the Windows 10 Enterprise installed on it. After the laptop got decommissioned. The device had all the lifetime activation of the said OS. But after a while I got a notification saying that Windows failed to activate I got...
  10. Activation Error after 2 years

Activation Error after 2 years: I've got a problem with my windows license key. I don't have one because i bought my pc few years ago so i probably throwed it away. Now after around 2.5 years my pc shows me a communicate "Your windows is not activated, go to settings..." but i can't do anything without a...