Windows 10: Activation errors using digital license.

Discus and support Activation errors using digital license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when the free offer was first extended. About a month ago I started receiving an activation error saying my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by booyah10, Jan 4, 2019.

1. booyah10 Win User

Activation errors using digital license.

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when the free offer was first extended.

About a month ago I started receiving an activation error saying my windows 10 is not activated.

When clicking on the activate now link the settings window opens and the activation screen is blank.

The links are still there, if I scroll over the page with the cursor, but the links are not visible.

The troubleshoot page is also blank. Why can't Microsoft just post how to fix this problem?

This is really frustrating because I can't personalize my computer without activating first.

Clearly this is an update issue...something in one of the updates installed about a month or two ago caused this.

So now what?

:)

booyah10, Jan 4, 2019

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 4, 2019
  3. digital license

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

4. Activation errors using digital license.

Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Thema:

Activation errors using digital license.

1. Activation errors using digital license. - Similar Threads - Activation errors using

2. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  3. Digital License Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital License Activation: I purchased a Digital License of Windows 11 Pro and recently reset my PC while keeping the files but now that I’ve finish setting up my computer, it says I need to activate Windows. Someone help please....
  4. Windows Activated with digital license

Windows Activated with digital license: Hello,I have office 365 family then i share to my 2nd account, also i purchase a new PC.When i login to this PC using my 2nd Microsoft account, i can see my 'windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account'.So i just want to know how my windows...
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license: Hello,I bought a new computer and want to activate Windows 10 Home. I have a digital license associated with my account upgraded from windows 8, windows was not pre installed on my computer at the time. However, after troubleshooting and informing hardware change, I get the...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license: Hello,I bought a new computer and want to activate Windows 10 Home. I have a digital license associated with my account upgraded from windows 8, windows was not pre installed on my computer at the time. However, after troubleshooting and informing hardware change, I get the...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license

8. error codes and digital license activation

error codes and digital license activation: post cancelled thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-codes-and-digital-license-activation/fe33fa90-cf35-468c-99e2-853e60bbc63a
  9. Digital License Activation Problem

Digital License Activation Problem: I had a activated windows 10 device which I got by upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10. I got a digital license to my account. But unfortunately I recently changed my motherboard then I tried to troubleshoot my activation to reactivate Windows 10. But I got some server error. So...
  10. Activation and digital licensing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation and digital licensing: I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 purchased with windows Vista Pre-installed. This was replaced with a purchased version of windows 7 and then with windows 8 also purchased both activated by the 25 digit product key that came with the product in the normal fashion. Windows 8...