Windows 10: Activation failed after reinstalling windows

Discus and support Activation failed after reinstalling windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I have recently reinstalled Windows because Windows freezes at the post-boot loading screen after installing the updates. Since I am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hosea Chan, May 10, 2022.

1. Activation failed after reinstalling windows

Hi all,I have recently reinstalled Windows because Windows freezes at the post-boot loading screen after installing the updates. Since I am not able to access the system, I have no choice but reinstall the system by wiping out the disk partitions followed by installation with the boot media. However, it seems that Windows is not able to retrieve my product key It is an Windows 10 Pro OEM key, and whenever I try to use the same product key again, I am told that the product key is already used. System configuration:Motherboard: Supermicro H11DSi-NTCPU: 2x AMD EPYC 7532GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3090 G

:)

Hosea Chan, May 10, 2022

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 10, 2022
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 10, 2022
  4. Jeno Win User

Activation failed after reinstalling windows

windows = epic fail :shadedshu

ok so i was just reinstalling the forceware when it happened again >:#
    any suggestions? (apart from reinstall windows or get an ati card)

Thema:

Activation failed after reinstalling windows

1. Activation failed after reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Activation failed reinstalling

2. Window is not activated after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window is not activated after reinstallation.: Hi there, My laptop was working very slow so I did install SSD in my laptop and reinstall window 10. but, I am unable to activate my window and MS office. I did the following thing but still getting same issue.troubleshoot Login with Microsoft id.update windowreinstall window...
  3. Window is not activated after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window is not activated after reinstallation.: Hi there, My laptop was working very slow so I did install SSD in my laptop and reinstall window 10. but, I am unable to activate my window and MS office. I did the following thing but still getting same issue.troubleshoot Login with Microsoft id.update windowreinstall window...
  4. Window is not activated after reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Activation failed after reinstalling windows

Activation failed after reinstalling windows: Hi all,I have recently reinstalled Windows because Windows freezes at the post-boot loading screen after installing the updates. Since I am not able to access the system, I have no choice but reinstall the system by wiping out the disk partitions followed by installation with...
  6. Activation failed after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation failed after reinstalling windows: Hi all,I have recently reinstalled Windows because Windows freezes at the post-boot loading screen after installing the updates. Since I am not able to access the system, I have no choice but reinstall the system by wiping out the disk partitions followed by installation with...
  7. No Windows activation after reinstall

No Windows activation after reinstall: Morning, I reinstalled my Windows last weekend due to a defected motherboard. When installing i choose the Windows 10 Pro N version, mainly because i don't use Mediaplayer and Skype and that sort of programms. But i have a Windows 10 Pro key and i noticed, later, that the...
  8. activating windows after reinstallation

activating windows after reinstallation: Dear sir , I was having problem in activating windows and getting a digital license after reinstalling win. 10 from 7 via usb flash drive...
  9. Window Activation after reinstall

Window Activation after reinstall: I have hp laptop with preinstalled window 10 home single language and i format the disk and reinstall window 10 pro which not activated from the key of window 10 home came along in build with bios. I have downloaded window 10 from Microsoft and window 10 insider too which...
  10. Windows not activated after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not activated after reinstallation: I have two laptops, an Eluktronics and an ASUS. Long story short, my Eluktronics laptop essentially got bricked due to my BIOS not being compatible with the Windows 10 1903 update. The only way I managed to get Windows reinstalled (version 1809) was by putting the SSD that...