Windows 10: Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

Discus and support Activation failure after refresh due to update crash in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Folks.. Help Windows 10 was doing an update but the power cord had come loose so machine went flat during update. had to do a refresh to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TerryBrett, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:22 AM.

1. Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

Hi Folks.. Help

Windows 10 was doing an update but the power cord had come loose so machine went flat during update. had to do a refresh to get machine back but it would not activate saying no license which is rubbish. went through virtual agent no luck and it suggested another refresh. started off as windows 10 pro. this refresh ended up with windows 10 enterprise ???? and the activation page was blank apart from Activation in the top corner. seems to have got itself in a complete tiz.

machine started off with windows 7 pro full Microsoft version before the free upgrade to windows 10 when it first came out.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. rtwjunkie Win User

Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

Thema:

Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

1. Activation failure after refresh due to update crash - Similar Threads - Activation failure refresh

2. Windows 10 product key activation failure after updating to version 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 product key activation failure after updating to version 1809: I managed to update to version 1809 using media creation tool, after struggling with failure to do so for ages via automatic updates and upgrade helper.. But on updating to version 1809, I found out that I am unable to customize my desktop, and then I found a message saying...
  3. Hard disk crashed due to Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk crashed due to Windows 10 update: Dear Microsoft team, On 30th November I just connected my Asus laptop to wifi and as usual Windows automatic update start working in background I left my Laptop open and got busy in some other work. Laptop went in sleep mode, when I...
  4. Error due to Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error due to Update: Hi I had posted regarding an error on windows update and it was recommended to use media creation tool. And I do so. There were changes however, I had problem with the audio. I check in the device manager and the driver is still there but there is a error message that the...
  5. Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure: I had an unrecoverable hard drive error and had to restore from a disk backup. Note I restored the same drive (not a new one). Now I am getting a popup stating that windows is not activated. If I go to the system menu and click on activate windows there seems to be no...
  6. W10 activation after hardware failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 activation after hardware failure: I lost my motherboard on my laptop the other day and I moved my SSD to another shell. Now, I can't activate windows and I have followed all of the troubleshooting advice. Any ideas on how I can reactivate W10 digital licence on this laptop?...
  7. restore after a refresh

restore after a refresh: I recently reset my laptop and when I opened it there is a folder on the desktop screen that says apps that were removed while resetting your pc and it looks like some of them are potentially important to the effectiveness of my laptop...
  8. Windows10 crashing after update

Windows10 crashing after update: I bought win10 last August when I finally accepted XP was not that usefull. But. I have had to re-install Win10 like 4 times this far. It fights with my graphics card. I really don't care what your problem is with NVIDIA, but if I pay for the 10, I want the operating system...
  9. No refresh after delete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No refresh after delete: I am sure lots of people have already mentioned this but I am presuming there is a very simple fix. If I delete or move items in win 10 they stay visible in the folder until I refresh. Could someone say what the fix is for this? It was a minor issue to start with but...
  10. Windows refresh fails, after clean install no activation.

Windows refresh fails, after clean install no activation.: I was refreshing Windows 10 to fix some issues with the store, when after at least 90% completion, the PC looped into restarting again and again. Eventually, I installed windows 10 from a USB, and now i've lost my upgrade, and Microsoft views it as two PC's. In addition to...