Windows 10: Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

Discus and support Activation failure after refresh due to update crash in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Folks.. Help Windows 10 was doing an update but the power cord had come loose so machine went flat during update. had to do a refresh to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TerryBrett, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

Hi Folks.. Help

Windows 10 was doing an update but the power cord had come loose so machine went flat during update. had to do a refresh to get machine back but it would not activate saying no license which is rubbish. went through virtual agent no luck and it suggested another refresh. started off as windows 10 pro. this refresh ended up with windows 10 enterprise ???? and the activation page was blank apart from Activation in the top corner. seems to have got itself in a complete tiz.

machine started off with windows 7 pro full Microsoft version before the free upgrade to windows 10 when it first came out.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

TerryBrett, Jan 14, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. rtwjunkie Win User

Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

1. Activation failure after refresh due to update crash - Similar Threads - Activation failure refresh

2. Activation after a crash

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Activation after a crash: I can't activate Windows 10 which I downloaded to a new hard drive after a hardware crash. I have no product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-after-a-crash/96550d6d-31c6-4a3c-b49a-5911b4377f69"
  3. Activation Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Failure: I recently bought a PC with Windows 10 Home on it. I successfully upgraded the SSD to a larger size and transferred the OS to it. I downloaded some software and rebooted a few times and all appeared well. I decided (always knew) I wanted to upgrade to Windows Pro and went...
  4. activation failure

activation failure: I entered the product key for my windows 10 enterprise, I got the following error code: 0xC004F074. It says I'm not connected to my organization server, but I am connected to the wi-fi at home. Please assist...
  5. Crashing due to a driver error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing due to a driver error: Sometimes whenever I'm playing a game, or using WMR, my computer will just crash. I did the verifier thing, and found out it's a driver error, but I don't know which one. Computer Stats: Ryzen 7 1800x@4.1Ghz RX 580 8GB 2 500 GB SSHD...
  6. Unable to activate windows 10 after a hardware refresh

Unable to activate windows 10 after a hardware refresh: A brief history of how I reached Windows 10. 1. I purchased a Sony Vaio with which I got windows 7 home edition. 2. When Win 8 came in, I upgraded to Win 8 Pro by paying a discounted amount. 3. When Win 8.1 came, I upgraded to that. 4. When Windows 10 came, I upgraded...
  7. Hard disk crashed due to Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk crashed due to Windows 10 update: Dear Microsoft team, On 30th November I just connected my Asus laptop to wifi and as usual Windows automatic update start working in background I left my Laptop open and got busy in some other work. Laptop went in sleep mode, when I...
  8. Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure: I had an unrecoverable hard drive error and had to restore from a disk backup. Note I restored the same drive (not a new one). Now I am getting a popup stating that windows is not activated. If I go to the system menu and click on activate windows there seems to be no...
  9. W10 activation after hardware failure

W10 activation after hardware failure: I lost my motherboard on my laptop the other day and I moved my SSD to another shell. Now, I can't activate windows and I have followed all of the troubleshooting advice. Any ideas on how I can reactivate W10 digital licence on this laptop?...
  10. Windows refresh fails, after clean install no activation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows refresh fails, after clean install no activation.: I was refreshing Windows 10 to fix some issues with the store, when after at least 90% completion, the PC looped into restarting again and again. Eventually, I installed windows 10 from a USB, and now i've lost my upgrade, and Microsoft views it as two PC's. In addition to...