Windows 10: Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

Discus and support Activation failure after refresh due to update crash in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Folks.. Help Windows 10 was doing an update but the power cord had come loose so machine went flat during update. had to do a refresh to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TerryBrett, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

Hi Folks.. Help

Windows 10 was doing an update but the power cord had come loose so machine went flat during update. had to do a refresh to get machine back but it would not activate saying no license which is rubbish. went through virtual agent no luck and it suggested another refresh. started off as windows 10 pro. this refresh ended up with windows 10 enterprise ???? and the activation page was blank apart from Activation in the top corner. seems to have got itself in a complete tiz.

machine started off with windows 7 pro full Microsoft version before the free upgrade to windows 10 when it first came out.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

TerryBrett, Jan 14, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. rtwjunkie Win User

Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Activation failure after refresh due to update crash

1. Activation failure after refresh due to update crash - Similar Threads - Activation failure refresh

2. Windows 11 Activation after Hardware Refresh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation after Hardware Refresh: Hello all. I need help.I have an old computer that was unable to run Windows 11. It had a retail copy of Windows 10 on it. I wanted to upgrade the hardware Chip, motherboard, RAM, NVME SSD so it would work with Windows 11. I'm using a Microsoft account, with all my windows...
  3. Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS: Logged into PC This morning and found that "Windows is not activated" on my desktop, and claiming that I've changed hardware. I didn't, I updated the BIOS Firmware to the latest version as there is a security flaw in my previous BIOS. Nothing else has changed, I am still...
  4. Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS: Logged into PC This morning and found that "Windows is not activated" on my desktop, and claiming that I've changed hardware. I didn't, I updated the BIOS Firmware to the latest version as there is a security flaw in my previous BIOS. Nothing else has changed, I am still...
  5. Windows activation failure due to hard drive change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation failure due to hard drive change: Hi, Recently I had to replace my Hard drive as my previous hard driveSATA got corruptedNot working. For the new Hard DriveSSD i installed the windows, but it didn't get activated with windows. My lap was pre-installed with widows. The model is ASUS F556UV. Now It isn't...
  6. Repeated crashes due to netwt10.sys failure.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to netwt10.sys failure.: I have an hp omen 15 with an intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200. Since I updated my drivers I have been getting a BSoD with the following message that says that there was an UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and that what failed is the Netwt10.sys. I've tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING,...
  7. Updating to 2004 failure due to 0xc1900101 error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to 2004 failure due to 0xc1900101 error: Hello, I'm facing consistent issues updating from 1903 to version 2004 facing a 0xc1900101 error after attempted installations. I've uninstalled antivirus, updated graphics drivers, and ran sfc /scannow. There is 144 gb free on my install drive. Does anybody have any...
  8. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. Hi Rob! That is where i am confused. This morning it crashed again. this is the error I get: [ATTACH] and when I go to the Intel Driver and Support Assistant this us what it tells me: [ATTACH] and when I click ‘Install’ it fails saying:...
  9. WIN 10 Activation after motherboard change due to failure.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIN 10 Activation after motherboard change due to failure.: Last year I upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10 free upgrade. I still have original enuine copy of Win 8. On upgrading I did receive a digital licence. Now after changing my motherboard when I try and activate it won't allow me to. As all my software is legal and above board I do...
  10. Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 indicates not activated after restoring drive due to hardware failure: I had an unrecoverable hard drive error and had to restore from a disk backup. Note I restored the same drive (not a new one). Now I am getting a popup stating that windows is not activated. If I go to the system menu and click on activate windows there seems to be no...