Windows 10: Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro

Discus and support Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Complex situation:A corporate PC is on its 3rd userIt was originally an OEM machine running Windows 10 HomeIt looks like it was originally set up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Al Doman, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Al Doman Win User

Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro

Complex situation:A corporate PC is on its 3rd userIt was originally an OEM machine running Windows 10 HomeIt looks like it was originally set up with a Microsoft account say *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on its 3rd user the same account is still used to sign in to the computer. It was configured to use a 4 digit PIN. This still works and the computer can be usedThe computer has the Office apps installed under an M365 business tenancy. The account used to license the apps and sign in to Office/M365 is say *** Email address is removed for privacy *** machine is being accessed remotely in a WFH scenario using GoToMy

:)

Al Doman, Oct 13, 2021

2. Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2021
  4. sukujgrg Win User

Windows 10 Pro is not getting activated after re-install. I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Microsoft Store.

• Microsoft Tech Support Team tried the Default Pro key. It upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but didn't get activated and then they tried "Repair" and that also didn't work.
    • I performed a clean install with "ei.cfg" like you suggested (mine is OEM). Still not working.

sukujgrg, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Activation Failure after upgrade from Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Activation Failure upgrade

2. Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home: I own Windows 10 Home and have purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. However, I have not received any activation key and when trying to upgrade in Microsoft Store, I'm asked to buy it again. Can someone please explain how this can be happening in 2022? I'm really...
  3. Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home: Hello, I cannot activate windows after an upgrade to Pro from Home. The watermark remains on screen at all times. All I want is to revert back to Windows 10 Home because it says my license is only valid for home, but I am stuck in pro and it gives me trouble when attempting...
  4. Upgrade from Home to Pro, Activation error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Home to Pro, Activation error: I wanted to upgrade to Pro and when I downloaded it from the store and tried to install it, it said I needed to activate my version of Home but it can't. Now it is saying I don't have a genuine version of Windows 10 Home. The error code under settings in Activation is...
  5. Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro

Can't activate Windows 10 after upgrade from Home to Pro: I have been using Windows 10 Home Single Language. It was pre-installed on my laptop. Then I upgraded to build 19041.1 from Slow ring. After that I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft Store. Now the systems tells that it is "Windows 10 Enterprise"...
  6. Failure to Activate Windows 10 Pro after buying the upgrade from Windows 10 Home from...

Failure to Activate Windows 10 Pro after buying the upgrade from Windows 10 Home from...: Windows 10 Pro, purchased from Microsoft Store, wants me to Activate it after the upgrade from Windows 10 Home . The upgrade did not give me a new Product Key for Windows 10 Pro. Emailed receipt from Windows Store for Windows 10 Pro purchase did not include new Product Key....
  7. Upgraded to pro from home can not activate

Upgraded to pro from home can not activate: Get error code 0xC004F213, Just bought can't activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-to-pro-from-home-can-not-activate/deb6f10e-9ee7-4c6b-83ed-3e9513e065f9"
  8. Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro

Can't activate after upgrading from 10 Home to Pro: I have just bought a new Asus VivoBook laptop with Windows 10 Home. I followed the upgrade path and ordered and paid for an upgrade to Pro, but I now get 0x803F7001 error and it won't activate. It also says that I am now on Windows 10 Enterprise. I am in the UK. What can...
  9. Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro

Windows 10 no longer activates after upgrade from home to pro: Hi, I am writing in hope that somebody from Microsoft is able to help me with this. I have tried the regular support channels, and my experience has unfortunately been as bad as it gets. So the problem is that I upgraded my ~2 years old hp spectre laptop from Windows 10...
  10. Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure: But not in the usual way - the Store would not accept the digital license for the W10 Pro I had purchased to do the upgrade - it offered me W10 Home again. So I tried using a physical disc for W10 Pro and it started fine and went online to collect update files to install....