Windows 10: Activation for laptops !!

Discus and support Activation for laptops !! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I do have a laptop with Windows 10 was installed on and activated. I did format the laptop but didn't make any backup. If I use Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KasperKyd, Jan 24, 2017.

1. KasperKyd Win User

Activation for laptops !!

Hi,

I do have a laptop with Windows 10 was installed on and activated. I did format the laptop but didn't make any backup.

If I use Windows 10 installation media created by another computer and install Windows 10 back on the laptop, will it be automatically activated ?

Any idea!

:)

KasperKyd, Jan 24, 2017

2. New Hard Drive

I bought a new Dell laptop. I took the SSD drive from my old laptop and put it in my new laptop. On my old laptop, my Win 10 Pro version was ok, Activated, all was well. After installing the old SSD to the new Laptop, all is ok EXCEPT I noted that Windows
    is not Activated and I can't seem to activate it. I entered the product key that I recorded, but activation fails. The new laptop hard drive is installed in my old laptop. How can I resolve the new laptop, old hard drive and activation?

GeorgeGold_39, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Bruno A. Win User
    WP7 and wifi for laptops

Hello MickiB,

This feature is currently not available on the Windows Phone 7 phones, neither WiFi nor USB tethering.

Thanks for posting.

Bruno A., Jan 24, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Make sure you install the same version as you had before, Home or Pro. The install media contains both, but the digital licence Microsoft has recorded for your PC is only for the version you originally had installed. If asked for a key, click 'I don't have one', it should activate automatically once it can connect to the activation servers.

5. KasperKyd Win User
    Thank you

KasperKyd, Jan 24, 2017
  6. KasperKyd Win User
    That's a relief, Thank you

KasperKyd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Activation for laptops !! - Similar Threads - Activation laptops

2. restoring original activation status - returning laptop to ebay seller

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restoring original activation status - returning laptop to ebay seller: Hello, my first post on this forum. I bought a laptop from a private seller on ebay. Unfortunately, there are too many issues with it which were not mentioned in the description, so it does need to go back to the seller as "not as described". I don't want the seller to be...
  3. Curious about having 2 activated win10 pro on my Asus 2 in 1 laptop.

Curious about having 2 activated win10 pro on my Asus 2 in 1 laptop.: When I bought this laptop, it had a single copy on win10 pro, activated to my Microsoft account with a digital license, and it still does but I never boot to it anymore as it is on the original terrible slow abysmal sata 3tb drive that came with the PC. I had an unused copy...
  4. Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS

Error activating windows 10 laptop with key from BIOS: Hello I am trying to install windows 10 on a Lenovo x260 that has the key on its bios and it wont let me activate. In the activation section of settings I get error 0xC004C060. [ATTACH] Choosing to troubleshoot gets me this screen [ATTACH] I got the disk from here...
  5. Swap drives between two identical laptops - Windows 10 activation

Swap drives between two identical laptops - Windows 10 activation: I have two identical laptops with Windows 10 Home OEM licenses (HP Spectre laptops), one mine and one of my partner. Due to a hardware issue with the thunderbolt port in one of them I want to swap the hard drives so I can use my partner's instead. However I am not sure on how...
  6. Having trouble activating Microsoft Office after new laptop purchase with Windows 10

Having trouble activating Microsoft Office after new laptop purchase with Windows 10: I just purchased a new laptop and went through the set up, which now shows Windows 10 as being activated. When I try to use any of the Microsoft Office products like Excel it asks me for another product key to activate. This confuses me because I would of thought Microsoft...
  7. I cannot activate windows 10 on my laptop

I cannot activate windows 10 on my laptop: Hello, I have a digital license of windows 10 which means when I log in to a computer that does not have windows 10 activated with this email address I should be able to activate windows 10 right? I recently bought a new laptop however I can't activate windows 10 on it. I...
  8. Question about windows 10 activation on laptop!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about windows 10 activation on laptop!!: Good day everyone. Sorry for the weird question but it is my first time using windows 10. I just installed windows 10 home on my laptop (i had 8.1 previously) and i found that my new windows 10 is already activated and no need to insert a key. It says windows 10 is activated...
  9. Seconde Hand laptop came with an activated windos 10

Seconde Hand laptop came with an activated windos 10: Hi MS community I just bought a used laptop and after installing windows 10 it was auto ativated without entering a product key how do i know if the ativation legit cause the laptop omes with a windows 7 OA sticker ??...
  10. Windows 10 Home - Activation on an old laptop

Windows 10 Home - Activation on an old laptop: Hello, I have just installed a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 Home on an old laptop which formerly ran Windows Vista. As this was my first time doing this on an old machine and I did not know if it would work or run properly on the old machine, I did the installation...