Windows 10: Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Discus and support Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought an 1 yr old HP laptop from a friend, restored factory settings, and trying to set up. I purchased upgrade from Microsoft for Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EdA2603, Oct 26, 2019.

1. EdA2603 Win User

Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Hi,

I bought an 1 yr old HP laptop from a friend, restored factory settings, and trying to set up. I purchased upgrade from Microsoft for Windows 10 Pro from Home and it won't activate. Receipt contains no product key. When I try to active with Microsoft account, message says my account is not associated with this Office product. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

:)

EdA2603, Oct 26, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 26, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home - Similar Threads - Activation Upgrade Pro

2. Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home: I own Windows 10 Home and have purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. However, I have not received any activation key and when trying to upgrade in Microsoft Store, I'm asked to buy it again. Can someone please explain how this can be happening in 2022? I'm really...
  3. Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home: I own Windows 10 Home and have purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. However, I have not received any activation key and when trying to upgrade in Microsoft Store, I'm asked to buy it again. Can someone please explain how this can be happening in 2022? I'm really...
  4. Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. upgraded from windows 10 home to pro and windows wont activate

upgraded from windows 10 home to pro and windows wont activate: hi i ugraged from windows home to pro and no windows wont activate and i upgraded b changing the product key i purchased https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-from-windows-10-home-to-pro-and-windows/81b4d5c5-8cc8-4fe9-bf74-9d87f585fbcd
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation: Hi, If I upgrade my Windows 10 license from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will Windows 10 Pro be the version that is activated on machines that I install from then on, like Windows 10 Home is now, or will it only be valid for one machine Windows 10 Pro and the rest will...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade will not activate

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade will not activate: I have a Dell All-in-One computer that came with Windows 10 Home. I bought an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, downloaded the version provided in the link and ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise. The email confirmation says Windows 10 Pro but did not have a key or digital license...
  8. Upgrade from Home to Pro, Activation error

Upgrade from Home to Pro, Activation error: I wanted to upgrade to Pro and when I downloaded it from the store and tried to install it, it said I needed to activate my version of Home but it can't. Now it is saying I don't have a genuine version of Windows 10 Home. The error code under settings in Activation is...
  9. Upgraded to pro from home can not activate

Upgraded to pro from home can not activate: Get error code 0xC004F213, Just bought can't activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-to-pro-from-home-can-not-activate/deb6f10e-9ee7-4c6b-83ed-3e9513e065f9"
  10. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will not activate

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will not activate: I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade yesterday through the Microsoft Store and installed. I am now getting an activation error: Windows reported that no product key was found on your defice. Error code: OxC004F213. This error seems to be associated with a hardware...