Windows 10: Activation from Windows Home 7 to windows 10 pro on my Lap top

Discus and support Activation from Windows Home 7 to windows 10 pro on my Lap top in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was given this go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkid=104612 email adress to activate my Windows 10 Pro from a retailer , I am having a hard time finding it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DJohnson6, May 6, 2020.

1. DJohnson6 Win User

Activation from Windows Home 7 to windows 10 pro on my Lap top

I was given this go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkid=104612 email adress to activate my Windows 10 Pro from a retailer , I am having a hard time finding it to activate from my windows 7. it is already installed on my HP Laptop. please assist. thank you

:)

DJohnson6, May 6, 2020
  2. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, May 6, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 6, 2020
  4. Activation from Windows Home 7 to windows 10 pro on my Lap top

windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Activation from Windows Home 7 to windows 10 pro on my Lap top

1. Activation from Windows Home 7 to windows 10 pro on my Lap top - Similar Threads - Activation Home pro

2. From Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hi. I bought Windows 10 Pro license. I followed instructions to Upgrade. In the list of options I do not see Win10 Pro, but I see Win10 Home. Should I 1st get Home and then upgrade to Pro? Will my new license work for Home, so I can upgrade later to Pro? How do I get the full...
  3. activation from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation from windows 10 home to pro: i have windows 10 pro on my old laptop but i bought a new laptop which only have windows 10 home can i get windows 10 pro which i have in my old laptop...
  4. Transfering my Microsoft 365 from 1 lap top to a new lap top

Transfering my Microsoft 365 from 1 lap top to a new lap top: I will be getting a new laptop and i would like my software of microsoft office and also all my benefits of Microsofrt 365 to be transfered into my new lap top. can this be done? and how?...
  5. Upgraded from windows 7 Home, to Windows 10 Pro

Upgraded from windows 7 Home, to Windows 10 Pro: Hey guys I recently upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit Pro V. 1909. I logged onto my computer with windows 7 still activated, inserted the windows 10 disk as it prompted me, for upgrading. I did that, everything went smooth. Although when i went...
  6. upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro

upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro: i have brought windows 10 pro and downloaded it to a memory stick but my windows 7 is asking for a anytime upgrade key to upggrade how or where do i get one ....
  7. Windows Activation from Home to Pro

Windows Activation from Home to Pro: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro. When I enter my producy keyorignal and valid ,instead of starting the upgrade process it simply activates my previously activated Windows Home. So how do I fix this and upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro using product...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Please can someone advise if it is possible to upgrade directly from Windows 7 (working laptop) to Windows 10 Pro using a Microsoft Windows 10 Flashdrive? (full Windows 10 Pro flashdrive purchased from Microsoft) I appreciate I can install a clean Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Activating Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home

Activating Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home, but i havent activated it yet. If i buy Windows 10 Pro licence, will i be able to activate the Windows to Pro? Or i need to re-install the Pro in order to get licence working? Thanks...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro from 10 Home

Activating Windows 10 Pro from 10 Home: I have just purchased the Windows 10 pro upgrade directly from the Microsoft store. My computer appeared to go through the download/ install process smoothly. When I go to the "About" and "Windows Specifications" section it says Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803, however I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104612.